Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Have I been ripped off
  • aldo69
    Free Member

Paid for a bike. Paid by bank transfer lots of excuses but no bike and now no contact , never thought that would happen on here so pretty gutted.
    Anything I can do ?

Cheers Pete

allthegear
    Free Member

Urine. Footwear.

Sandwich

Borrow bombers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robgclarkson
    Free Member

name and shame

did you get a phone number? an address?

whattyre
    Free Member

Bad vibes….that sounds pants..I agree name/shame

aldo69
    Free Member

That would be nice, I even offered to drive 100 miles to collect it when I paid for posting and still no replies

aldo69
    Free Member

Yes dare I ask how you knew that ?

jota180
    Free Member

There’s not much else that fits in your posting activity

parkesie
    Free Member

Ill post you some fictional bombers just send me some monies.

Maybe contact your bank and see if they can help recover money if you have no joy with the seller.

jfeb
    Free Member

What a bummer.

The seller has been a member of the site for only a week. I fear you cash has disappeared for good I’m afraid.

firestarter
    Free Member

Not much help now but I never ever buy from a classifieds only poster, make sure you check posting history next time

Jamie
    Free Member

The seller has been a member of the site for only a week. I fear you cash has disappeared for good I’m afraid.

Nope.

jota180
    Free Member

What a bummer.

He’s been around a while, continually posting the same over-priced kit

Digger90
    Free Member

Never, ever pay by Bank Transfer as you get no protection – insist on Paypal.

I also learned the hard way being ripped off by that idiot Peter Gratwick aka Freeform5Spot on STW. Now banned I believe.

aldo69
    Free Member

Cheers guys lesson learned, normally a bit more cautious just naively thought be ok off here. Won’t happen again. Cheers Pete

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If everybody insisted on Paypal which they dont i would never sell anything as i dont have paypal.Never ripped any-one off and post straight away.Had only two problems on here over the years selling stuff.One guy accused me of not sending his inner tubes when i never had the chq even though he said the bank told him it been pay in which it had not.Told him to check his account and it had never gone out.Never apologised some nice people on here.Most are sound.But not all.

jota180
    Free Member

Pop an email out to other folks that look like they’ve had dealings with him and see if you can track him down with an address or phone number

EDIT here
    contact me on 07929650074 or email bigwelshy1@hotmail.com.
    In the north notts area if collection or viewing are required. or bank transfer and courier.

nealglover
    Free Member

If everybody insisted on Paypal which they dont i would never sell anything as i dont have paypal.

Get Paypal then ?!

Takes about 2 minutes.

You will find it harder and harder to sell stuff on here without it. Too many people being ripped off with other payment methods.

firestarter
    Free Member

I dislike selling via paypal as I got ripped off buy a buyer 🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you have an e-mail address and a bank account why would you not set up a paypal account, especially if you are buying and selling on forums?

peteimpreza

Digger90 – Member
    Never, ever pay by Bank Transfer as you get no protection – insist on Paypal.

I also learned the hard way being ripped off by that idiot Peter Gratwick aka Freeform5Spot on STW. Now banned I believe.

POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Wrong he is back as Headsup

Mantastic
    Free Member

Cash and personal pick up if spending more than £100 or get ready to be disappointed

jota180
    Free Member

After googling that number and looking at the hits on page 4 – he may be a bit busy with other things right now 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I recently sold a hefty sums worth in one hit on here. All done by bank transfer and one happy customer.

2 differences though

I’m well known on STW and have been for years.
    I spoke to the bloke on the phone.

I have decided not to buy items after checking someone’s history, and anything expensive I only buy from close enough to pick up.

It’s such a bummer, stuff like this.

wwaswas

Peteimprezza – if you think it’s him reportvit – he’s supposed to have a life ban

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I dont have a problem selling anything on here.Thats why i dont have paypal.If someone only has paypal then no sale.But in the future you may be right could well cost me sales thats life. 8)

reedspeed
    Free Member

jota180 – MemberPop an email out to other folks that look like they’ve had dealings with him and see if you can track him down with an address or phone numberEDIT herecontact me on 07929650074 or email bigwelshy1@hotmail.com.In the north notts area if collection or viewing are required. or bank transfer and courier.POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’m in North Notts where’s he supposed to live?.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m in North Notts where’s he supposed to live?.

I don’t know, I copied it off one of his other ads

peteimpreza

I have reported it and the powers at be did nothing.

He is using an assumed name in his profile as well. They don’t care about that either.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Got yah,if you find an address my emails in my profile,happy to help! ..

mrmo
    Free Member

After googling that number and looking at the hits on page 4 – he may be a bit busy with other things right now

this one….. s’pose it’s all riding…

fubar
    Free Member

After googling that number and looking at the hits on page 4 – he may be a bit busy with other things right now

😆

bruneep

Contributes a lot to the forum does our Kevinw78.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I recently bought a Cotic bfe frame from headsup and all went fairly smoothly.

somouk
    Free Member

Surely it’s theft and getting the police involved they would be able to access the bank records and get an address for the person?

enfht
    Free Member

Hasn’t anybody been beaten senseless for pulling stunts like this yet?

what happened to Lee Anderson?

STW is easy pickings for loads of thieving scrotes.

OP, either call the fuzz or stamp on his face. Please.

bruneep

so we know he is 31 and likes hold a small swingers parties and lives between mansfield and worksop and has a clean house.

druidh
    Free Member

Or someone has simply put his phone number up in order to cause him inconvenience?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Innocently googles, 😯 then spits out tea over keyboard laughing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Have I been ripped off’ is closed to new replies.