Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Have I been bought a fake Hubsan H502e Quadcopter?
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

Have I been bought a fake Hubsan H502e?

The wife bought me a Hubsan H502e quad copter for Christmas from Amazon. She chose a fulfilled by amazon seller and the price matched up with all the others for sale.
    I used it a few times and all was fine until it randomly dropped from the sky not long after taking off. Luckily it only dropped a few feet onto soft grass. This happened a few more times and again I was lucky it was only from very low level. The battery was fully charged everytime. I lost all confidence that it wasn’t going to drop from high up so I stopped playing with it and contacted Hubsan for advice. It’s taken a couple of weeks but I had an email responce from Hubsan asking for the serial number which I provided and they have replied this morning saying they have no record of the serial number and have asked me to send a picture of the bottom of the quad copter which shows the serial No.

Is it likely that I have a fake? I had a good search on the web before she bought it and because it’s a new model I couldn’t find any info on fakes and for a bit of protection she bought it from an amazon fulfilled seller (although I don’t fully know what this means)

I’m awaiting a response from Hubsan now they have the picture.

What’s the likely response from Amazon if Hubsan confirm that it’s a fake?

Thanks

Andy

Jamie
    Free Member

If it’s fulfilled by Amazon, then you have all the benefits offered as if you bought from Amazon direct. I’d just contact them, say it’s faulty, and arrange a return.

FWIW, I wouldn’t buy anything tech from a fulfilled seller. Just because it’s sitting in their warehouse, does not mean it’s legit.

flyingmonkeycorps

Hubsans are usually pretty reliable and decent so it definitely sounds like either a fake or there’s something up with it. I’ve actually flown a 502e and it was really nice to fly (with no dropping, albeit in a warehouse) so it definitely doesn’t sound right. Do the GPS and altitude hold work correctly?

We had a decent offer on those over Christmas, kinda wish I’d bought one.

andysredmini
    Free Member

It worked perfectly for the first 6-7 flights. On the first flight where it dropped i had been flying for a couple of minutes really high up (probably over 100m up) and bought it back down. i was messing around flying it around 6ft from the floor when it suddenly dropped. In total I had been playing for about 3 mins. there is no good way of knowing the battery level so i used to set the timer on my watch for 5mins and stop flying after that. similar happened a few more times but sometimes straight after take off other times it would fly fine for the whole 5 mins. I think the advised run time is around 8-11 mins so was always edging on the side of caution.

Aside from the problems its a great little toy. I wanted the next size up from the tiny indoor ones and this is perfect. I didn’t want a camera but its been quite fun taking a few pics and videos with it. The GPS is very good. Its easy enough that my 6 year old daughter can fly it. I just take it up to a safe height and let her play without altering height.

winrya
    Free Member

As above just email amazon and they will arrange a swap out

nant
    Free Member

Mine lost control from 30m and plummeted. It cracked the outer casing but I put it down to losing signal because since it has been spot on and had no issues.

philjunior
    Free Member

Let us know the outcome… I have been wondering about this as my bro had a problem with a Hubsan quadcopter recently.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Will do. I have sent the pictures off to hubsan but it normally takes about 3-4 days for them to respond. I’ll hold off contacting amazon until I know if it’s real or fake.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Hi
    I still haven’t had a reply from Hubsan and I replied with photos last Friday.
    Is it worth me contacting amazon yet?
    All Hubsan have told me so far is that they have no record of the serial number. Is it likely this means its a fake?
    My concern is that it was bought early December, not used until Xmas and now i’m trying to get it sorted its nearly the end of January.
    I can forward all the correspondence from Hubsan to Amazon but what do you think they are likely to say/do?

Cheers

Andy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If it’s fake then amazon should have your back, if it’s faulty then your port of call is the retailer.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Do you think there will be a timescale on how long amazon cover a problem like this for?
    Its been nearly 2 month since the purchase date and i’m still waiting for Hubsan to give confirmation either way.

andyrm
    Free Member

I still haven’t had a reply from Hubsan and I replied with photos last Friday.

Assuming Hubsan are a Chinese co, Chinese New Year has just started so lots of companies are closed.

Maybe give it to the middle of next week so they have a fighting chance of opening and dealing with the enquiry I reckon.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that it was Chinese new year. I had received replies before in 3-4 days so I had half presumed they weren’t going to reply any further.
    Ill leave it until next week then. I’m not in a rush to get it back I just don’t want to run out of time with any rights I may have with Amazon/The seller. If I have any at all after 2 months.

jonnyboi

Good grief just return it as faulty to the amazon seller and request a refund.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Good grief. I don’t want a refund. I want a genuine one and the price I paid means that looking for a replacement without spending double may mean I end up with another fake. Even spending double may not mean I get a genuine one.

fooman

You have until end of Jan to return anything bought Nov Dec, applies to all Amazon sellers. Say it is faulty & request return it you can always buy another.

jonnyboi

At the moment you have a broken one and haven’t even made contact with the seller, so it’s hardly stunning value and in your opening post you say the price matches others on sale. Dunno how you are now ending up paying double if you go elsewhere

Sounds crazy to me but it’s your money.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Have I been bought a fake Hubsan H502e Quadcopter?’ is closed to new replies.