Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Have i become invisible, on a bike more near misses
  • project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZy_Pub985A[/video]

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRa8ZdUm0U[/video]

Im 15 stone and 6 foot 3, so how can they not see me.

smeg
    Free Member

Did wonder how you got to the paths behind B&Q ! , that Brimstage road is nasty to ride along, narrow & quite twisty, I’m normally heading the opposite way, luckily not on it for very long if you’re just joining up Storeton & Thornton Hough.

project
    Free Member

To get onto the old tip,either use the ramp at the side of the tip entrance by mobil, or go to the trade entrance of Band q and down the side of the store, or through the golf course follow the blue sustrans 56 signs.
    Route 56 runs from seacombe ferry to thornton hough and onwards to chester, using brimstage bends, and storeton death valley.

smeg
    Free Member

Cheers, seen it loads before when driving but never explored up there on a bike. Normally head down to Seacombe via the docks & round the coastal path if doing a local pootle.

Sometimes commute home (Runcorn to Oxton) via Chester and end up going Willaston>Raby>Thornton Hough>Brimstage>Storeton, loads of variations and a few BW’s to mess around on to.

cheers_drive

Watching the cars approach from behind is quite frightening!

samuri
    Free Member

Brimstage road is awful! I’ve ridden it a couple of times and avoid it now if I’m over there.

MrOvershoot

Did you head off down the path to your left at the end of the last clip?

TBH Samuri the Brimstage road is not fun on 2 wheels of any sort as a friend got taken out on that road twice in a year while riding a 1000cc motorbike!!

Part of that is also my ride to work!!!

njee20
    Free Member

Am I missing something? I’m not watching 10 minutes of that first video, but I can’t see any ‘near misses’ in the second one? You need to stop moving your upper body so much too, you’re wasting energy and it makes me feel ill!

lazybike
    Free Member

near misses don’t count, we want to see footage from under a car… :wink:….my eldest was getting all excited about a near miss the other day, my mate says “get over it, you’ll have loads of em” sad but true

project
    Free Member

Mr overshoot, yes down the bridle way to behind clatterbridge hospital, and onto the road.

Smeg and Mr overshoot theres free cycle maps of all the local authorities in merseyside available from Letstravelwise, and really good they are as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Have i become invisible, on a bike more near misses’ is closed to new replies.