Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Have all the gritters flown south for the winter?
  • hora
    Free Member

I still haven't seen one. Our area is still sheet-ice. Interesting down the side of Evans in central Manchester this morning- the whole road is polished sheet ice and this is in the centre of a city.

Cutbacks anyone?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Central Edinburgh is mental at the moment.

No sign of any gritters ever being out, took me 1/2 an hour to get 2 miles, gave up and came home. Christmas holidays starting early. 😀

Obviously all the gritter budget went into paying for the trams. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

I haven't seen one since the snow started. Not that I think we really need them but it's amazing that some major roads don't appear to heve been gritted. The Mancunian way last night is a good example, sheet ice in the outside lane. Our estate has been like an ice rink since the first snow fell, they've not been round once. Even the local indian has refused to deliver to our estate in case he gets stuck. I had to go and get the food myself last night.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh you poor Northern things, I didn't think you guys needed gritters up there?

samuri
    Free Member

we don't. We're just trying to get an aid package of gritters together to send to the half inch snow locked south. We'll be filling up the backs with important food group items like real beer, black pudding, chippy gravy and whippets.

noteeth
    Free Member

It's carnage in Southampton.

Be careful out there.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don't forget the hot-pot!

Can't you mobilise all the pigeon's? We're in dire need of some good hearty food down here, I'm surviving on crepes and herbal tea at the moment.

samuri
    Free Member

Sorry, there's a pigeon shortage at the moment what with all the families of 17 living in a two bedroomed terrace on the slopes of t'mine killing them for their christmas dinner.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pigeon!!!…. for Christmas dinner??? What on earth is wrong with you savages? Have you never heard of Swan?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Have all the gritters flown south for the winter?’ is closed to new replies.