Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Have all the Bristol riders gone to the darkside?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Went for a ride around Ashton Court, Leigh woods and 50 Acre this evening and I thought they were quietest I had seen them in years. Must have only seem around 8 riders in AC but as I was riding home saw loads of road riders.

For the record I have been completely sucked in by the TDF and Olympics and ordered my first road bike yesterday!

cheers_drive

No, I went for a mtb ride in the Mendips instead. Got to make the most of the dry conditions!
    Was quite breezy today for a road ride.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mountain bike bimble this morning (rain). Road bike bimble this afternoon (sun)

boxfish
    Free Member

I was up there 8.30-11am this morning. I saw 1 rider in Leigh Woods, 2 in AC and no-one in 50-A. Nice and quiet! It was pishing down though.

Special_ized_Jamie

I thought I saw you this evening box, was taking a breather in the grass and noticed some fella beasting it up the climb on a RAM

shiny
    Free Member

rode from 10-12 with 3 people i had never met until today, they pumped up my tyres, forks and rear shock and then guided me around all the new stuff that has been built since i was last here 2 years ago.

Pi$$ed it down the entire ride but good to be out. Frozen at the end….

Good to be out though.

shiny

rondo101
    Free Member

Nope; just got back from 2 weeks of dry & dusty Alps and a morning of wet & muddy misery, without chairlifts, didn’t really appeal.

Judging by the 10-day forecast, I’ll be putting the mud tyres back on or not riding for a while though.

bonchance
    Free Member

Wierdly quiet. Maybe the rain earlier in the day put people off.

11am on a sunny Sunday morning is a bit too crowded normally.

Or maybe the bubble burst, or maybe folks are on hold since school hols started – adding to the assumption that mtbrs are mainly mid age mums and dads 🙂

TexWade
    Free Member

One of us is in Canada enjoying the Transrockies ! It’s like the Yer Tiz Trail tipped up by 45 degrees. Missing the rain (not).

Flashy
    Free Member

The Cheesy Riders will be out tonight, 2 or 3 groups…….

akira

Some darkside fun for centre parcs then Jamie?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Have all the Bristol riders gone to the darkside?’ is closed to new replies.