Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hautes Alpes????
  • soulrider
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden in the Hautes Alpes??
    Is it any good – does anyone know any good rides there?
    I am going there for a few days in June before heading up to the Portes Du Soleil for the Passportes

I am going to see if I can find Issue 36 as apparently an article in there about the area.

My Girlfriend is kayaking with her pals so it leaves me with a chance to get a few days big hill training rides in before 10@Kirro

We are staying by La Roche de Rame

bland

Vars is fun, Alpe D’huez, Le Deux Vallees, St Piere de Chartreuse out to the east of Grenoble, Les orres etc

All ace but DH venues, but then you could ride up too

UK-FLATLANDER

Great area, but not much in the way of up lift but rode for nearly 2 weeks and saw only two other riders.

matt22
    Free Member

I Hired a Bike and smashed down the chavannes in Let Gets that rekindled my love of mountain biking and here I am 3 million bike reviews later and a trek fuel ex 9 and no money ha ha ha.

I did get a bit cocky out there and landed wrong and cracked my hip but apart from that it was an amazing experience, I like the way it forces you to ride properly and put in to practice everything you’ve been taught or know. I came away technically a lot better and more confident learning that speed and balls are your friend over the obsticals where as before I had never had the confidence.

I cant wait to get back out, I bet you’ll have a brilliant time

RHSno2
    Free Member

DH areas?

No. There is LOADS. Vars is a great area and is a VTT FCC area. Most places that are FCC VTT are ace. Have a good map and are very well signposted. Climb andf climb and then for the most part descend on ace singletrack.

A million places to explore.

soulrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the Info on the Hautes area..
    Am hoping there will be a decent Touriste info place with maps/routes etc.
    Showing some huge and horrible climbs with lovely sweet decents to follow!

matt22
    Free Member

You Can get the lifts up a lot of it there all set up for bikes in the summer, plenty of people offering guides out there. I would like to do it that way next time and do some real long singletrack.

soulrider
    Free Member

I am after the climbs for this visit.
    I will be doing quite a bit of uplift in the PDS..

RHSno2
    Free Member

Then you will be happy as larry.

Check here
    http://www.ffc.fr/a_VTT/a_SitesVTT/index.asp

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hautes Alpes????’ is closed to new replies.