Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hats off to these two.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A while ago I mentioned on here that I'd planned a ride in the Highlands with 2 colleagues who 'fancied a challenge on bikes' ie, ride for a day, camp out, then finish the ride. So, here we have Mark & Rich, 2 lads who have been best of mates since they were 7 yr olds (Rich is still a 7yr old in a 27yr old body!) The ride was from Glen Nevis Y.H., WHW to Mamore House, past Loch Eilde(s) & overnight at Meanach bothy (with the stags roaring at dusk) over & down the Lairig, Leanachan Forest & back to Fort Willy. 48 miles. Neither had done ANY training or biking before apart from about 20 miles on the Wetherby to Spofforth old railway, took hardly any notice of my advice on what to wear/take & had spent very little on equipment. My long time riding buddy Steve came along too.
    Rich, me, Mark at Glen Nevis YH.

Onto the WHW & feeling it already!

The road to Mamore, I'm the dwarf.

If your'e a mountain biker you'll have been here!

Rich with no spare socks.

Meanach.

But no, Rich says he's gonna camp. (the tent weighed 3kg)

Up to the highest point in the ride

& down to Lairig Leacach

At this point Mark was dying & I'd got us lost in Leanachan!

Rich, almost back at the hostel,

At the end of the 2 days both lads were ****, both said it was the hardest & best thing they'd ever done & Mark had raised about £500 for the British Heart Foundation. Theyr'e now itching to spend money on bikes & can't wait to do it all again next year. I'm open to suggestions for 'similar' routes.
    Awesome weekend.

scraprider
    Free Member

hey nice pics mate , had a right giggle with the chap in the water , well done.

Diane
    Free Member

Looks FAB!

Travis

Great, good job done

druidh
    Free Member

Excellent!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hats off to these two.’ is closed to new replies.