• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by PJ266.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hats off to Hope.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got some 3 yr old Vision 4’s which, after the last charge, wouldn’t switch from the lowest setting. This indicated that it could be a dodgy battery so I emailed Hope who said send the unit back & they’d look at it.
    I sent it back on Monday afternoon & it came back this morning (Wednesday, before 9 am, with Fed Ex) with a new charger, FOC.

😆

ads678

I know they’re not perfect but that’s why I like Hope, they don’t mess about.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of axles replaced before, one of which was 3 years out of warranty, but not that quick!

stoney
    Free Member

My mate has an ACE story regarding a Vision 4, they fixed it FOC as well….

Them`s Hope boys are gooood….. 😛

Royston
    Free Member

They fixed an out of warranty(3 year old) Vision 4 recently FOC (return post to New Zealand).
    Quite Happy about that!

legend
    Free Member

The battery was dodgy, so they gave you a new charge instead?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Presumably, on inspection, they found that the charger was the problem rather than the battery itself? Either that or they’re just taking the piss out of esselgruntfuttock 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Hope are excellent but if you’ve ever visited their factory and seen the numbers of parts lying around in trays waiting to be assembled or packed you would understand why it doesn’t bother them to send things out to people as a gesture of goodwill.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mates 3 month old rear wheel was round (ironically it wasn’t) last night. Crap build and knackered free hub bearing. The joys of Hope built wheels and hubs. Apart from that, its fine 🙄
    Mate is very disappointed.

funkhouser
    Free Member

does FOC mean they charge FOC-all?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thrustyjust – I was speaking recently to a bike company who have stopped fitting Hope Hoops because they are coming out of the factory badly built. He reckoned they were fine once they’d been tightened up, but obviously nobody should have to do that, even if they can.

fathomer

I’m hoping (no pun intended) to see this awesome customer service first hand this week. Cracked freehub went back yesterday, fingers crossed a new one turns up before the weekend. To be honest I was expecting to buy a new one as it 2.5years old but they told me to send it back.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup same here with my prehistoric Vision 2. It kept going off intermittently Hope fixed it and returned it in a couple of days.

Total cost to me = £0

sbd16v
    Free Member

Funkhouser

Foc= free of charge

Del

Mates 3 month old rear wheel was round (ironically it wasn’t) last night. Crap build and knackered free hub bearing. The joys of Hope built wheels and hubs. Apart from that, its fine
    Mate is very disappointed.

mistakes do happen. has he been in touch with them? bit of a ball-ache to send a wheel back but i’d give them the opportunity.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The battery was dodgy, so they gave you a new charge instead?

No, I said it ‘indicated’ a dodgy battery, obviously the charger wasn’t doing it’s job.
    It now works.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

mistakes do happen. has he been in touch with them? bit of a ball-ache to send a wheel back but i’d give them the opportunity.

I have trued it up last night and made it round too !!. He is taking it back to the shop to get the bearings replaced. As usual the plastic seal doesn’t work and the inner bearings on the hub and freehub are gritchy and the freehub outer. Don’t see why we should be doing it. The other bearings are OK. Fitted his Whyte back wheel on while being fixed. Ironically they have lasted 18 months with only one regrease. Pro Evo 40T hubs are supposed to be better than the originals, but sadly they aren’t.

scaled
    Free Member

Interesting, my mates hope enduro wheel flat spotted pretty badly on the first descent they were shown.

Back with hope now, waiting for their legendary customer service!

PJ266
    Free Member

The bearings on my rear Pro 2 (original) have lasted 6 years of abuse, sucks his didn’t.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hats off to Hope.’ is closed to new replies.