Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hats, love em or hate em
  • funkmasterp

So what is the singletrack consensus on hats? I am like a woman with handbags or shoes when it comes to hats. Absurd collection of flat caps, fedoras, trillbies, pork pies and beanies. Can’t abide baseball caps though. Might be a hair replacement thing as I have the same head as Casper 🙂

ThePinkster

I’m a big hat fan, have been for more years than I care to remember.

Bought a really nice leather fling hat in the last lot of snowy weather but prefer my fedora in the summer months.

ahwiles
    Free Member

baldie slap-head here.

if it’s cold – i need a hat.

if it’s sunny – i need a hat.

i have lots of hats.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve bought every hat I’ve ever found that fitted me.

I have one.

I generally need the box they come in…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqycJpRdVaY[/video]

PiknMix
    Free Member

I also have loads of hats, I feel slightly naked without one.

funkmasterp

Good to see some series hat appreciation on here. Great place to buy is village hats on line. Dangerous if you’re a slap head hat addict though. I should have shares in the place by now 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

I am like a woman with handbags or shoes when it comes to hats

Oooh, me too! 😉

I’ve got a real hat thing going on, most recent and prized purchase, a leather Bushman style one, hand made in Dorset. Usually only wear them in “weather extremes” – rain or sun. Get teased at work for looking like Clouseau in one of them.

Ambrose

If you want to get ahead- get a hat. Hats rock. Some people have display cabinets for posh china and stuff- I’m wondering about a similar thing for my hats. Hats are great. In fact I’m going to put a Basotho one on.

And how about this for a hat shop? – downtown Maseru, Lesotho.

Modelled on this sort of thing..

funkmasterp

Got an awesome straw duck billed flat cap from the Cheshire show last week. It’s literally only been off my head for work and sleep since. 🙂

aa
    Free Member

love ’em.
    I have run dmc type kangols, woolen flat caps, tweed caps, beanies, 59/50’s and was recently informed that my L.A. Made ‘snap back’ was bang on trend…i have a collcetion of about 15 cycling caps too. I keep telling myself i’m not going to buy any more but i can’t stop!

globalti
    Free Member

27 different hats here if you include crash helmets. My favoutites are the Balmoral and Glengarry bonnets, because I love the ribbons tht hang down the back.

dannybgoode

Love a good hat me – flat cap, Akubra and Fedora here plus the usual assortment of baseball caps.

Cheers

Danny B

JEngledow
    Free Member

I like the idea of hats, but feel really self concious and uncomfortable, despite liking how they look in anything other than a beanie!

bencooper
    Free Member

I have a Barmah in “distressed buffalo” that I love. Being Glasgow, of course it gets comments, usually about Indiana Jones 😉

Sometimes it’s all I wear…

rocketman
    Free Member

Nope sorry I don’t do hats

Beanies, caps – even a top hat at a wedding – I look ridiculous in all of them

Bunnyhop

Despite having a pea head and not finding much to fit, I love them.

We live in the Stockport area, which at one time was home to the biggest hat maker in the country ‘Christie’.

funkmasterp

Bunny hop, ever been to the hat museum? Keep toying with the idea as I live just up the road in Macc. Always think i will be disappointed though 😥

tthew

I’m getting to the stage in my life now where I had a had to take an almost professional interest in the ‘when did you start to shave your head’ thread the other week. 🙁

I have in the past considered staring a collection of good quality, but outrageously styled wigs, but perhaps a hats is the way to go. Oh and this thread needs more pichers.

Genuine Red Army too hot to wear hat.

funkmasterp

That stage? I was bald before I turned twenty. Shave it all off, it’s the only thing to do. That or comedy comb over.

mattsccm
    Free Member

helmet on the m/c is about the only thing I’ll tolerate and that’s marginal.
    What I loathe is the wearing of hats in doors. Why?

Bunnyhop

Bunny hop, ever been to the hat museum? Keep toying with the idea as I live just up the road in Macc.

Yes. However I went on a bad weather day with the attitude ‘this could be dull’, but it wasn’t too bad. Am a social history buff and this helped.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

flat cap occasionally, beanie on a regular basis when winter, regularly indoors(my ears just like it) and out. and on the odd occasional I crack out my well worn tilley hat in summer time. used to be a big baseball cap wearerer but not felt the want to put them on of late

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hats, love em or hate em’ is closed to new replies.