Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Hats and the like
  • jimwah
    Free Member

I’ve recently opted for the Boonie style hat, and a Trilby for summer evenings – I suspect I look like a proper prat in both, but I’m starting to feel a bit out of sorts in my normal hoodies & caps these days.

mefty
    Free Member

I have a wide variety: Panama – Boics is not wearing a Panama in that photo, misc Straw Hat, Tilley, Leather Bushman Hat and Akruba. Sadly my Boater has gone to the hat stand in the sky, but by far the most used is the Tilley, which I have had for almost 20 years.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cricket hat, tattier the better (*nods to Jack Russell)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrP

At what point did baseball caps go from “head in the cap, peak bent to ft the head, all proof of purchase removed”, to “cap on the head, peak flat as a millpond, and all tags and stickers to remain”?

DrP

theotherjonv

About the time i ceased to be ‘hat fashionable’

And what’s all this about hats to keep the sun off. I wear a bent peaked, faded as hell Nike Baseball cap to keep the summer drizzle off my glasses.

66deg
    Free Member

Jack nods back.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Had one of these for the last 20 years, very faded now, been all over the world with me.
    But need something tidier.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Tarp hat?

vorlich
    Free Member

bubs

Ooh, I like the tarp hats – suitably shabby. I wonder if the Fidel hat is too “Coldplay”.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Battered old medium brimTilley here, worn Popeye Doyle style. Reckon it must be approaching 20 years old. Liking the hemp version, but the damn thing is indestructible.

zippykona

My dad was out in Cyprus for his national service. He is now having seemingly non stop treatments for some really ugly looking cancerous growths on his head.
    Hats are a good idea. No matter how crap the hat it’s better than what my dad has on his head.

CountZero

I used to wear baseball hats all the time, kept my thinning top from getting sunburned, and a decent, well curved peak to keep sun and rain off my glasses or sunnies. Then got one of those Castro, forage-style caps, but a Trek one, as I rode a Remedy 66, and it was free, now I wear Tilly hats in the winter, a Canadian Winter one, and a waxed cotton one, but most of the time I wear a cheap six-panel duckbill, who’s started black, and is now sort of slate grey, and is fraying a bit round the bill. Dead comfy, does everything a baseball hat did, but is a bit more conventional and understated style-wise.
    something like these:

A bit like the old-skool flat ‘at, but head-shaped. 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It started with one of these:

(Scala straw panama outback)

Before getting one of these:

(Akuba Snowy River)

And one of these… for travel…

(Barmah Roo Squashy)

Oh, and one of these:

(Akuba Traveller)

And most recently one of these (from Cotswolds Outdoor)for motorbike weekend duties, and work.

(Ayacucho Oiled Leather)

Almost forgot… there is also one of these for special occasions (and cos I used to be an archaeologist)

(Adventurebilt Fedora – as worn by Indy himself)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Hats and the like’ is closed to new replies.