Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Hating friday's at work?
  • ton

i seriously detest friday’s at work. i did not used to, infact i used to look forward to it, knowing that the weekend was here, which meant either bikes, beer, rugby, women…..
    but nowadays i hate it, it drags, idiots who do not plan ahead try to make deadlines fit, idiots who order stock arrange for it to land on a fridy p.m

i HATE fridays………. 🙁

jam-bo

Never liked Fridays. That’s why I do a four day week.

Houns

Today is my Sunday and tomorrow is my Friday

Mondays aren’t much fun either. When you come back to all the problems you thought you would leave till next week.

After that it starts to go downhill.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Love em me, especially when am on half today like today. Ooooooshk!

diawl2
    Free Member

Friday’s what?

benji
    Free Member

Come on grumpy, there’s more to life than work, works pays money, buys toys.

hooli

Work from home Fridays are the way forward, I have been doing it for so long that Thhursdays are starting to drag.. 😀

JRTG
    Free Member

Normally yes but on holiday! Woooo! Why am I on singletrack and not riding my bike? Best fix that, time for a ride!

scandal42
    Free Member

Awsome day, currently on my dinner watching bike videos and ill probably piss off at 3.30 and go home to service the bike before a big day of riding early tomorrow.

That probably doesn’t help you though.

grahamg
    Free Member

I finish at 3 so I can live with it. Plus the sun is shining and I’m riding home.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Itching for the weekend here.

Tracey

Try not to have to work on a Friday, works most of the time.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I love today cos it’s a rest day but Fridays at work is a ball ache. We do canteening on the wings on Friday afternoons, there’s always problems with prisoners kicking off cos their canteens are wrong. Then it’s ‘settle your debt day’ so there’s more bother when people can’t pay their dues. Then it’s 2.5 hours of racket cos theyr’e all out on association.

Fridays at work SUCK.

(in fact work sucks in general)

brakes
    Free Member

NEVER have deadlines on a Friday.
    what can’t be done on a Friday can be done on Sunday night!

ton

essel, i am begining to feel that work sucks.
    never been out of full time since 1981, but of late i seriously peed off with it.
    surely there has got to be something better..eh?

warton
    Free Member

I don’t mind them,, I try and have a quite quiet day planned in for Friday, good day for clearing the decks and having a 3 finish. Hill climb training on the way home 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve been to the chippy at lunch and then went to the pub on the way back :mrgreen: Life is hard…

penguinni

Luckily I dont work Fridays.

I knew a girl who didnt like Mondays though….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve managed to have the last 3 months of Fridays off.. I wangled it good and propers with work with the sweetener of “working from home” blah de blah, but thats coming to an end, not that bothered TBH as the nights draw in and Winters not too far around the corner.. Luckly I live 5mins from work so if I wanted too I could still get home for a spin or run.. however most Fridays have consisted of a couple of bottles of wine and supper… 😆

nick1962
    Free Member

surely there has got to be something better..eh?

It’s called retirement and under latest Con Dem plans yet to be announced everyone will be able to do it once they’re 65 67 68 70 75 90.Unless you die first of course.
    Fridays were always hectic at work especially Bank Holiday ones.We used to say “a Friday afternoon crisis is just a Monday morning problem.”

binners

ton

binners…..on the wagon mate…… 😐

jekkyl

beer wagon?

toby1

Binners, pretty sure that is not Real Beer 😉

binners

Oh dear lord Ton! When did this happen?

Then the gloss has truly been taken off Friday afternoon 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

People still work Fridays? I’m 34 miles into a 45-50 miler & sat at second café stop outside in the sunshine, Fridays? Pffft!

ton

pass me the noose…..i may as well hang myself now…… 😥

bikebouy
    Free Member

T’s gone 1610, not long now folks!!!

cogglepin

Then you get customers ringing complaining about crap cable!

flip
    Free Member

Self employed, finished at 12 😉

steel4real
    Free Member

If only my employer would let me do a 4 day week – I’d take the 20% pay cut as well !

singletrackmind

What you need to do is amass 51 days of holiday , As my employers allow unlimited roll over .
    We get 25 days + BH’s, plus flexi time.I dont need that much holiday and as I love my job Its no bother going to work.
    So today I took a day off and rode 62 miles around the New Forest. Didnt know the route so had to constantly stop and map check . It was a smashing way to spend a friday.

Houns

I’ve been in the pub since my last post….. They’ve also got free pork pies, I’m in to my third

6079smithw
    Free Member

steel4real – Member

If only my employer would let me do a 4 day week – I’d take the 20% pay cut as well !This could easily be the norm.
    It’s not though because the ruling classes don’t want you having too much time to yourself. You might think about important things like their corruption, how to bring about revolution or how you might not even have to through collective co-creation of a new reality.

sprocker
    Free Member

Could be worse you could hate most days at work like me !!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What you need to do is amass 51 days of holiday

I get 57 ha! Plus I’m carrying about 60 hours over from this year, to next years leave, so from March 2014 I’ll have 380 hours of leave to take.
    Actually having leave approved however, is a different matter & it’s hardly ever approved on a Friday.

Could be worse you could hate most days at work like me

I do.

jam-bo

If only my employer would let me do a 4 day week – I’d take the 20% pay cut as well !

Are you a parent? I got mine under flexible working rights for parents.

And after tax it’s more like 16% or so.

kennyp
    Free Member

I put a request in a few years ago to have every second Friday off with no drop in salary, as long as I made the time up. Pleased to say the company agreed. Quality of life is much better now. Also, if the weather is lousy I just go to work and take the Monday off instead.

Now thinking about every Friday off, though that would mean a small salary cut, but getting to that point in life where you realise time is much more important than money.

warton
    Free Member

under latest Con Dem plans yet to be announced everyone will be able to do it once they’re 65 67 68 70 75 90

To be fair, labour bought in the original extension of state pensionable age bill

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Hating friday's at work?’ is closed to new replies.