Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Hatful of Hollow. Still can't figure out if The Smiths….
  • gonefishin
    Free Member

If you read the other comments, the ones you agree with, they are even more judgemental and (some) seem more to do with image than musical content or writing ability.

The comments that I agree with are the ones that are critical of the music of Morrissey and the Smiths and do not criticise their fans. I've seen one comment that could be classed as judgemental was made by muddydwarf and is clearly stated as an opinion. So no, judgmental stuff on this thread is from the fans.

I have kept an open mind and come the cocnlusion that I don't like their music.

konabunny
    Free Member

The irony about the "wry irony" may be that Morrissey wasn't ever being ironic (at the time, at least).

Woody
    Free Member

LOL @ the tags

Kevevs
    Free Member

lol! quality tags. anything to do with The Smiths gets people going 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Evans knows I'm miserable now

I din't do that one, I swear! 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

funny though! lol.

Apparently, Nainesh's mate played bass in morrisey's band. He never got paid so he left a message on mozzers answerphone asking for his money. Morrissey sent him a fax saying '**** off you ****' yid'. Which isn't a very nice thing to say to a jewish person. (So says Mr. Carter.)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So Morrisey is a Nazi? Knew it. It's that haircut gave him away. What a ****.

Eric Clapton was once a Nazi/National Front sympathiser.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

On "Later with Jools Holland", Morrisey and his band dressed in identical light brown suits. During the "interview at the piano", Morrisey told Jools Holland that the suit he was wearing was the same one that Stanley Baker wore in an old film called "Hell Truckers" and that Stanley had left it to Morrisey in his will.

As Morrisey stretched his mouth into a faintly mocking grin, Holland swallowed it hook, line and sinker…

RustySpanner

Loving these tags. 😀

Mozzer comes over as a bit of a knobster in interviews – never sure if he's just winding people up but he does have a real chip on his shoulder regarding Britain and seems to think he's under appreciated in his homeland.

Funny, it's always the ones you least expect to be the band idiot who turn out to be the divas: Mick Jones in the Clash springs to mind……

Never understood the rampant hero worship of 'Rock Stars', as opposed to love of the music.
    With a couple of rare exceptions they tend to be a bit of a let down in real life if you do get to meet them.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hatful of Hollow. Still can't figure out if The Smiths….’ is closed to new replies.