Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Haters feast on this post! > My rebounds stopped working – BOS Deville
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

purchased from Bike24 in August, not because I like temperamental exotica, no not because I’m a tart, simply because it was cheaper than the other brands. I knew it was a gamble.
    I was considering selling it, so gave it the once over and realised the rebound knob no longer varies the damping significantly. Maybe it varies it a touch, but hardly.

Anyone know what I do now? Send it back to Bike24 seems the best option I have. 😐

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Send it for a service.

It doesn’t sound utterly borked; a strip and oil change will probably do it the power of good.

There’s lots of independents could do it, pick one.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Surf Sales are now the UK distributor and service centre.

mikey74
    Free Member

Why so defensive?

Just send it away for a service.

Edit: It should still be within warranty so I’d contact the shop and get them to sort it out.

Trimix
    Free Member

If you have been using it hard since Aug in the same shite weather as the rest of the UK then its overdue a service.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I haven’t used it that much really, especially when you consider they say 1 year service intervals for intensive use. I’ve looked after it, cleaned it carefully after every ride.
    I’ve bought a dh bike and I’ve preferred using that lately.

I’ve emailed Bike24 to see what they say. If they aren’t helpful I’ll get it serviced. Any recommendations who to choose? Are Surf Sales any good?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I spoke to them recently about an issue with my steerer tube being undersized (odd really. Turns out its slightly less than 1 1/8th”) and they’ve been very helpful in getting it addressed with Bos.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The sensible thing would be to approach Bike24, however adding another company into the loop in another country with various language barriers and BOS’s legendary disregard for customers you might be in for a long wait.

Surf Sales are the new UK distributor, so it may be worth speaking to them, they ‘may’ warranty it, or fix it at a reduced cost.

If not, i’d be more inclined to send it to someone who spends every day inside suspension parts, rather than a new distributor. They would be fixed and back from J-Tech pretty quickly. There is nothing magic inside them that can’t be fixed if you know your way around a fork.

neallyman
    Free Member

I don’t know about other Bos users but I’ve always found the rebound adjustment to be very marginal right out of the box anyway. Very little either way…

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I have approached Bike24 by email, but will call SurfSales tomorrow and see if they are helpful. Maybe they will still be full of enthusiasm at this point!

oxym0r0n

Surf sales… just don’t ride round on your road bike to drop them off 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Haters feast on this post! > My rebounds stopped working – BOS Deville’ is closed to new replies.