Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hate to ask but differences between deore 615 and slx 675 brakes please?
  • sam3000

Heres my situation.

After running Hope Minis for the last 12 or so years (they’ve been demoted to single speed usage) what should I replace them with.

Its only a rear brake that I need, the front Hope is still going strong but….. They’re going on my singlespeed. This bike is my mud/ death bike that rarely gets maintained (if at all). Hence the demise of my 12 year old hope.

Would a shimano deore/ slx hack a winter of utter Huddersfield based shite? If so what advantage would I be gaining by buying slx over deore?

Any input considered worthy… thanks

Sam

neilwheel
    Free Member

SLX have ceramic pistons so a little bit lighter, I think that’s it apart from the finish.

Good performance and low maintenance, can’t go far wrong with either option.

richardthird

I thought Deores had ceramic pistons too? Reach adjust knob on SLX, think it’s an allen key on Deore.

Agree with can’t go wrong really.

77ric
    Free Member

Not a huge amount in power and feel.

At the lever end you have tool free reach adjustment where the deore m615 needs the use of a hex key, at the caliper end you have a banjo so you can adjust the hose exit angle where as the caliper for the m615 has a fixed hose exit.

Not much difference but the SLX m675 is just a little more refinement with regard to feature.

sam3000

Ahh, so essentially very little in performance but considerable difference in adjustment ability.

Thats cleared my query. Thanks.

dirtydog
    Free Member

richardthird – Member

I thought Deores had ceramic pistons too?

Pretty sure it’s SLX and above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hate to ask but differences between deore 615 and slx 675 brakes please?’ is closed to new replies.