• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by teef.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hate jet lag
  • Pigface
    Free Member

In Dublin after an overnight flight from Chicago, how do I cope with this, if I sleep today then will be screwed for tonight.

jota180
    Free Member

Just sleep for a couple of hours this morning then get on with your day

Drac

Stay awake sleep tonight that’s all there is to it, it’s just like shift work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep force yourself on to the right time

m0rk
    Free Member

Next time kip on the plane and you’ll be right

allfankledup

Go to bed until noon, then get up and go out

oldnpastit

Bright sunshine will help.

Don’t be tempted to drink lots of coffee in an effort to stay awake. It will only make it *much* worse, as you then won’t be able to sleep tonight and tomorrow will be even worse!

Next time kip on the plane and you’ll be right

+1

dantsw13

I’m a Longhaul Airline pilot, so I’ve a bit of experience on this one!

When you land back in the morning, have 2-3 hrs sleep. Force yourself up – you’ll feel dreadful, but it gets better. A bit of light exercise helps. Go to bed at midnight – sleep properly until morning.

If I stay awake all day, I feel dreadful the next day too.

DT78
    Free Member

Feeling same got back from San Francisco on thurs. Thought I’d got away with it as woke up normal time on fri and had a normal day, but woke at 4am this morning and now feel crap 🙁

tonyg2003

In the passport queue at Heathrow now and flying in from LA (been to 8 cities and 3 timezones this week!). I’ll forgive myself to go out on the bike this afternoon then go to bed at about midnight and have a midday hour tomorrow. Should be just about OK but Monday.

Coyote
    Free Member

Another one for sleep on the plane. Last time I went to BC, had the first meal, couple of JDs and asleep. Woke up just as we were coming into land at Vancouver. Sorted.

Coming back it’s a little trickier as I always find flying against the sun harder.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I fly business if I go long haul and sleep on the plane. That helps.

teef
    Free Member

Just don’t ever fly long haul – there’s no where worth going to or seeing which is worth the pain of jet lag. If you’re traveling on business then change your job.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hate jet lag’ is closed to new replies.