Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hate it when that happens…
  • bernard
    Free Member

Bought some running shoes, checked the stock,thank you.. E mail 4 day’s later to say they are sorry and don’t have any left meanwhile all the other retailers who were selling them at a similar price have now sold out. Has happened a couple of times int the last month.
    One retailer….sorry about that what we will do is source it from somewhere else and let you have it at sale price should take a couple of day’s
    Running shoe retailer….sorry about that what we will do is let you have the new version at near enough RRP………yeah thanks for that

kayak23

Stuff shouldn’t be listed if not in stock imho, especially sale items.

bernard
    Free Member

Totally agree….decided to buy them from that place because they specifically detailed them ‘in stock’.

phiiiiil

I bought a new rear shock last year; I ordered the thing four times from different places that said they had them in stock before I actually got one, the first three all turned round and said they didn’t have any or didn’t even do them any more!

druidh
    Free Member

If the retailer doesn’t show it as “in stock”, then it doesn’t show on Google Shopping. Seems that lots of shops are now just showing everything as in stock to get around this.

lemonysam
    Free Member

If the retailer doesn’t show it as “in stock”, then it doesn’t show on Google Shopping. Seems that lots of shops are now just showing everything as in stock to get around this.

Are you quite sure about that?

bernard
    Free Member

Trainer shop has just e mailed to tell me it’s the stock systems fault and it ‘happens from time to time’ well sodding fix it then oh and the ‘significant’ discount they are offering off the new model as recompence still makes them more expensive than I can get them elswhere. I dont even really want the new ones they are bright yellow I want the old black/grey ones.

phiiiiil

I would love to know how google shopping works. Half the time you follow a link from it only to find they don’t do whatever google says they do at all!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Google shopping is often a big steaming pile of shite information.

bernard
    Free Member

nice they even phoned me up to tell me they cant get my trainers but are happy to discuss price matching the new version with the places that sell them cheaper. Thanks run4it but I dont want to spend £80 I wanted to spend £60 on the other ones you said were in stock when I ordered them

bernard
    Free Member

or for you to let me know you didnt have them in stock a bit sooner so I could have got them from someone who did at the time.

Jamie
    Free Member

Any naming and shaming?

bernard
    Free Member

Run 4 It

bernard
    Free Member

Just seen you can get the new version (the ones I dont really want but was offered at a discount for £80 for £70 from somewhere else) which Run 4 It are willing to ‘discuss’price matching. But said (even though I never asked them to)will not sell them for my budget £60 even though they created the problem. Cant beleive I’m getting so wound up about a pair of trainers to run in mud I’m so annoyed even I’m struggling to follow what I’m saying

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m struggling to follow what I’m saying

Likewise.

Which trainers?

bernard
    Free Member

innov8 mudclaw last years grey/black ones not this years spangley yellow ones

soobalias
    Free Member

nothing worse than wasting your time trying to find a bargain only to be misled at every turn

if i were you all the toys would be out of the pram now, run4it and innov8, then i get a strop on with my isp and tablet

just buy some brand spanky new ones and ride to work a couple of times to save the extra in petrol money

nealglover
    Free Member

I think you need to come to terms with the fact that don’t have what you wanted.
    The stock system cocked up, it happens.

They seem to be offering a reasonable alternative.
    You can choose to accept what they are offering, or buy somewhere else.

bernard
    Free Member

neaglover – that’s the point though I cant get what I wanted anymore everwhere else has now sold out of what I wanted at the price I can afford, because they cocked up. There alternative is a bright yellow pair which I guess I could live with (they will be brown and covered in mud most of the time) but £10-20 more than I have to spend

Soobalis – I work at home

andyrm
    Free Member

Quite often a large online retailer will be offered end of line stock from a manufacturer at reduced price, on a “drop ship” basis to keep costs down.

Usually what happens is there is some kind of coding done that integrates between the manufacturer/distributor’s stock management system in the warehouse to the retailer’s website in real time.

Sometimes it will go wrong. That’s all. Just one of those things.

bernard
    Free Member

andyrm – ‘run 4 it’ were at great pains to inform me they are a shop with branches not a big online retailer

IanMunro
    Free Member

How about an oroc 340 instead? I know it’s not a mudclaw, but depending on your needs it might work. 50 quid.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/inov-8-footwear/unisex-oroc-340-yellow-black

bernard
    Free Member

oooo might work wanted something with a big grip to cope with lots of mud in the winter …added advantage of being able to cope with ice hmm now let me check stock

nealglover
    Free Member

neaglover – that’s the point though I cant get what I wanted anymore everwhere else has now sold out of what I wanted at the price I can afford

It’s annoying, but as I said, mistakes happen.
    They have offered an alternative and offered to price match online.

What else can they do given that they don’t have either the trainers you want, or a time machine.

bernard
    Free Member

ah calm….new winter trainers bought, saved £10 and I can now cope with a bit of ice cheers IM

bernard
    Free Member

Nealglover they could have fixed their stock update problem when they first knew about it, they could have told me sooner, they could have sourced them from somewhere else and offered them to me at the same price, they could have offered me the alternative at the same price, they could have said sorry about that how about we give you a pair off socks/bag of chocolate buttons they could have done any number of things rather than say oops that problem has arisen again how about we offer you a pair of trainers YOU CAN NOT AFFORD

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hate it when that happens…’ is closed to new replies.