• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hug.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hatchback Bike Racks – Which one's the best???
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Been looking around and after reading mixed reviews, changing my mind about Saris Bones.

Found an old STW review of racks (Issue 29) and Pendle comes out best.

Looked at Thule but they recommend high level for Fiesta which I don't want.

Anyone got any inside knowledge about the upcoming STW review???

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Burp!

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

scaredypants

get a towbar fitted

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I've got a thule clip-on on a 1999 nissan almera. I though some cars wouldn't fit the clip-on 'high' but most worked with the normal one.

It's very solid, much more so than a pendle strap-on (oo-er) that I borrowed. Only problem is bikes obscuring number plate/lights. I'm not forking out for a towbar on such an old car but keep thinking I should get some electrics fitted.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

we sell loadsa saris racks…both in the pics above,they fit almost everything(put one on a tt recently) biggest selling rack in the states…

very good,no issues from any cust.lifetime warranty also

iain1775
    Free Member

2nd for a Thule clip on high – ideal, no number plate or light board needed and bikes not that far above top of car so wind resistance not increased that much
    Like TI says wont fit all cars but I managed to fit mine to a BMW 1 series fine (Thule said it wouldnt) did 1000's of miles at motorway speeds and was solid as a rock
    No longer have the car and it won't fit my Hyundai i30 without alot of faff (panels are too snug a fit believe it or not – better build quality than a Beemer!) so I could part with it for the right price

househusband

get a towbar fitted

Seconded.

Rack comes on and off in moments, but is immensely secure – my Thule rack tilts too so I can still access the boot.

dobo
    Free Member

the saris website doesnt show vauxhall in the drop down box, whats that about?

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Towbar not an option. Adding the towbar to a 1250cc Fiesta would double its weight and make an already slothful beast even slower. Ford do not recommended towing with it either-over heating issues.

jordie
    Free Member

what type of bike do you have as that saris doesn`t like some full sussers you will need to buy a bar to go on the seat post to fit.I have a Saris and it is very good i have had it on loads of different shaped cars.

petrieboy

If you are goiing to need electics fitted to stay legal (and that's the bit that's often tricky) you really might aswell get a towbar. Otherwise get the high rack. Rack obscuring lights just not worth the risk

hug
    Free Member

Pendle,safe as houses
    anything that will deal with three bikes @ 95/100 mph is alright by me
    (if there are any pleecemen taking exception I'll swear that i meant kph

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hatchback Bike Racks – Which one's the best???’ is closed to new replies.