Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hash House Harriers on bikes
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Anyone tried this or know of any clubs?

tim41
    Free Member

I’ve been out with the Teign Valley Pedal Bashers a few times, who are an offshoot of the TV Hash. They do road and off road rides, and from what I can tell they don’t mark out rides as such, or at least not very often, they just take it in turns to decide the route and lead the group.
    The rides always start and end at a pub in true hashing style. I tend to find the groups a bit too big for an MTB ride. Others seem to enjoy it, primarily as a social group I suppose. They go out twice a week so are very active.

Garry_Lager

Not tried Hashing, as I’m not a bad Joey. I have lived in places though that had active social MTB races that were sort of similar – without the joey-ness.
    In Philadelphia there was a meet up every Thursday for example, after the clocks went forward. Some one would lay out a race circuit (very liberal interpretation of race) and everyone would bash through it, finish up with a few bevvies. Great way to meet other cyclists, and turn the pedals on a summer evening.

I think the key thing is location – this was in a sort of run-down part of a city park where no one minded you cycling. Obviously with English access regs this could end up a complete fiasco, so you’d need the right spot.

Dickyboy

There is a group that set a monthly ride, usually west of london as far out as Newbury, not yet been on one of theirs but got some email addresses if you are in that area & want to make contact. At HWH3 (high wycombe) we set one or two adhoc ones occasionally & enjoy a biking weekend or two away each year too – more of a social thing than anything else though :-).

I’ve seen hash markers when I’ve been out on my bike, but never heard of bike hashing before.
    I’d give it a go if there was something on round here in Worcestershire.
    In fact, I’d be prepared to go out round the Wyre Forest with a bag of sawdust and set the route.
    The biggest problem I can see is that most of the Wyre Forest crew are more in to the social side of it. If there was any sort of speed challenge, there’d be very few takers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hash House Harriers on bikes’ is closed to new replies.