Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hase Pino – anyone ever had a go on one?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Front or back 🙂

this one weighs just over 30.5 pounds!

theflatboy
    Free Member

right then… 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

well i'm sure you'll all be delighted to know we've got a test ride booked on one tomorrow, hiring it out for a while. quite marvellously you can get them modified to be handbike front, normal rear which may well mean my gf and i can get out on a bike together. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Saw a guy on a Speedy-type recumbent in Edinburgh recently.

BigJohn

I've wanted one of them ever since I was walking down the road and saw a guy taking his young kid out for a ride on one. It was adapted (as I think they all can be) to accommodate a nipper's short legs and they seemed to be having a great time, because chatting to each other seems really easy and you both get a view of the road ahead.

And if you do hit anything, the kid absorbs the brunt of the impact, so it will hurt you less.

IanS
    Free Member

Ridden the vanilla model and the Ti version.

The standard is a nice handling sociable ride which makes sense in quite a few scenarios, but not cheap.

The Ti version is very fast, but myself and my air bag/stoker, at over 13 stone each, felt the whole thing was a little more suited to a race whippet team pairing. Just too flexy and as the man who was supposed to be in control of the plot, I felt more than a bit apprehensive on a 30mph+ descent (would have been more but I was bottling it and braking hard). I own a few recumbents and a mtb tandem, so am used to oddities.

All good fun. The ti is very nicely made and thing of beauty (YMMV).

warpcow
    Free Member

Isn't there a risk, what with me being a bit of a sweaty bastard and all, that the 'airbag' (nice 😆 ) ends up with an unwanted shower on the Ti version?

IanS
    Free Member

Not something I had thought of, but the chances of getting me on the front of one would be minimal.

If it did happen I would be either too drunk or terrified to be concerned with a salty sprinkling (or a spittle shower).

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah i'm a bit worried that the gf will find it a bit scary sat on the front, i'll have to be careful!

IanS
    Free Member

So what did you both think?

theflatboy
    Free Member

absolutely loved it! my gf hasn't been on a bike with two wheels for about 12 years being unable to ride a normal one herself. she loved the view from the front and we were able to get some proper speed on it.

i basically did all the pedalling, but that was fine even with some slight hills. not sure how i'd get on with proper stuff without some power coming from the front as well, but it went well. i was suprised how easy it was to keep it balanced, particularly when setting off from standstill, but no probs. great stuff.

here's a pic of her on it, note right crank arm removed and makeshift sling for that foot to rest it. 🙂

we'd love to get one, but price and space probably prohibitive at the monent. one day!

Macgyver

My boss is on his second. Well his previous one was a Periscop but the same thing i principal. Had his built up with a Rolhof and S&S couplings and he and his wife disappear all over Europe on it. Has a couple of fabric bags that stow under the stoker so when you are at the end of the ride you can split in two, bag it and stick it on the Eurostar easily as luggage and not a bike.
    The ti one is uber cool though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hase Pino – anyone ever had a go on one?’ is closed to new replies.