Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Has this happened more than once? Leigh Woods robbery
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Time for a honey trap…

TooTall
    Free Member

It’s a very rare thing in Leigh Woods / Ashton Court. Have you just found that story or are you wanting to get the outrage bus filled with an internet posse?

globalti
    Free Member

They obviously don’t know much about bikes as they took the bigges POS I’ve ever seen. The owner must be relieved.

neilm
    Free Member

I’ve not heard of anyone being robbed like that before, but if you park your car in the roads around Leigh Woods / Ashton Park, then there is a very good chance it will be broken into.

This happens so often that the wardens in Ashton Park know where the thieving scum dump the bags once they have removed anything they want from them.

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s happened twice. The op’s instance the most recent. The one before was a good few years ago. Something to be aware of but not to let it affect you riding given how rare it actually is (think how many people ride there)

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s a very rare thing in Leigh Woods / Ashton Court. Have you just found that story or are you wanting to get the outrage bus filled with an internet posse?

Eh? It has happened before, as have attempts. The police know that bikers have been targeted by being followed home from AC and have issued suitable advice.
    AC is not without its troubles, and it does nobody any favours to pretend otherwise.

sambuka
    Free Member

I’d previously heard of people being followed, but not of robberies. It’s my local circuit hence my interest albeit a little late. Was anyone caught? I’d like to think robberies are taken more seriously by the police than thefts.

heckler73
    Free Member

think id be attatching a machete to underside of top tube, cant have scum disrupting the chi of my ride…………….

TooTall
    Free Member

Eh? It has happened before, as have attempts. The police know that bikers have been targeted by being followed home from AC and have issued suitable advice.
    AC is not without its troubles, and it does nobody any favours to pretend otherwise.

Oh have a word with yourself. To my knowledge this is the 2nd occurrence in many years (as someone else up there said). The article is also from a couple of months ago. I didn’t refer to any other issues, nor did the poster, nor did the article. I know people have been followed, I know cars have been broken into, but ROBBERY in LW or AC is a rare thing, which is what I said.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh have a word with yourself.

Wind your neck in. People need to know what’s going on.

yunki
    Free Member

In fairness to tootall, his screen name would seem to suggest that he may be in possession of a naturally occurring neck of above average size..

I think it’s a bit unfair to demand that he winds it in without first establishing the physiological facts..

wrecker
    Free Member

That reminds me, I need to buy a jellycat giraffe for jnr. Thanks yunki!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Phew, glad to see that this is a new post of an old event and not another robbery.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Has this happened more than once? Leigh Woods robbery’ is closed to new replies.