• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nach.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Has this been done yet? Strava segments as GPX
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

I didn’t think this was possible, then, when I logged in the other day, lo and behold, there is a button by the map button – you can now dl segments as gpx. How long has this been going on, am I late to the party?

Useful anyhows..

timb34
    Free Member

I don’t see that – Premium only??

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yeah, I think any gpx downloads are premium.. Useful though!

ChrisI

I don’t see that and I have premium. Hunted down the same segment too. Wonder if they are rolling it out member by member?

GolfChick
    Free Member

premium only feature but there’s a website out there that allows for this so not worth paying for that alone. IMO!

STATO
    Free Member

What exactly are you going to do with a downloaded segment gpx? cant work out what the use would be.

ferrals
    Free Member

Your image link is broken, can you explain where the icon is? It would be perfect for me as I want to make a .gpx of a part of a recent ride which may end up being a race course. If i can make a segment and then download that would be a massive bonus

stevied
    Free Member

I can do it and I’m not Premium.

Go to your ride, click on the spanner, export GPX 🙂

jamiep
    Free Member

But what about segments from other’s rides?

I am at work using IE but can’t one do this with Chrome extension StravistiX?

antennae
    Free Member

Whether you can download the GPX depends on the user’s privacy settings I think.

…and downloading _other people’s_ GPX files is a premium-only feature as far as I know.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Curse you google pictures, I will try again-

STRAVA IMAGE

I am using it to download a bunch of other people’s interesting tracks near me that I can then put into Locus, where I can see them on OS, then draw a route over them, or just navigate between them without the need for phone coverage.

I am using Chrome, and I am a premium Strava member(Not so you would notice..), so was aware I could download other peoples routes, but not individual segments- this seems to be new.

STATO
    Free Member

Why dont you just use Strava route planner? Its show the segments.

antigee

knowledge of strava limited – sometimes use the heatmap to find a suitable route and sometimes get rides from articles / audax listings as far as I know you can only download a gpx created by someone else if have premium – its the only reason I pay for it so if wrong let me know

edit forget that – see you are talking about segments specifically

ChrisI

I still dont have the option and am a Premium member on Strava.

Are you getting to this via the Segment Explorer?

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi Chris, yes on segment explorer

GolfChick
    Free Member

Generally speaking or at least I’ve found so far that if their routes have segment times their route is public and you can use a website to have a root able file from their whole activity or their segment. I uploaded a route the other day and was disappointed to see no trophies, I then realised I’d marked it private only and once unclicked all the shiny trophies showed up. For me riding locally taking a segment gpx from strava is the only way to find the segment I want to beat without relying on other people to show it to me

STATO
    Free Member

Golfchick, your confusing routes (navigation) with activities (rides/runs). You upload an activity, and yes you will only be ranked if your ride is public, its kind of the whole point.

ChrisI

Booo – doesnt work for me

https://goo.gl/photos/dXdBSetk4d288wkV8

nach
    Free Member

STATO – Member
    What exactly are you going to do with a downloaded segment gpx? cant work out what the use would be.

Spend an hour or two getting GPX files, import to Viewranger, and you then have an OS map with all the nearby trails you’ve been meaning to explore.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Has this been done yet? Strava segments as GPX’ is closed to new replies.