Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Has this been done? The Half-bike
  • plyphon
    Free Member

http://halfbikes.com/

I mean, i’m out but you feel free.

mcnultycop

Video shows descending and pedalling on the flat. I’m not sure I’d want to climb a decent hill on one of them. I definitely wouldn’t want to brake heavily with my centre of gravity almost over the front wheel.

plyphon
    Free Member

Or cycle over 10 mph with a wheelbase shorten than a loaf of bread

fatboyjon

I was in until I saw the maximum rider weight of 95kg. Sadly my massivity precludes me from joining what will almost certainly be the next big thing.

phiiiiil

You know “that ride” where your dropper post failed, or your seatpost broke, or you just left the seatpost in the garage, and you had to do a whole ride standing up? I found it blummin’ hard work, and I couldn’t really walk properly for days afterwards.

Is this basically replicating the same effect?

IHN

I definitely wouldn’t want to brake heavily with my centre of gravity almost over the front wheel.

Surely the COG is over the pedals, which are behind the front wheel, and you’d lean back a bit if necessary.

Looks kinda fun, I’ll probably pass though.

kayla1
    Free Member

There was something similar at the NEC last year, it was difficult to get the hang of for about a minute then seemed really easy to ride. Not much use outside a city though, and zero use in UK cities cos there’s no proper provision for bicycles.

nbt

needs wider bars. not on trend enough for me

kayak23

Hmmm….I’d want 780mm bars on mine. Bit hipster them ones.

How would you get a Sram Eagle on that?
    😀

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s been done before, loads of times, by other inventors who think they’ve come up with something radical.

Never goes anywhere because it’s horrible to ride for more than 5 minutes.

Trimix
    Free Member

With a large dose of marketing you can sell anything. Especially if you sell it to numpties via some “cool” social media.

It might come with a beard trimmer and special coffee and if it claims to save the planet, you never know – idiots will buy it.

(then ride it downhill and leave it there as they wont pedal it back up)

greyspoke
    Free Member

Impossible to wheelie, but manuals would be interesting.

kerley
    Free Member

You know “that ride” where your dropper post failed, or your seatpost broke, or you just left the seatpost in the garage, and you had to do a whole ride standing up?

Just what I was thinking. Bit like riding a BMX with seat right down and having to stand all the time but even then you can still sit down to coast. Big part of the efficiency of a bike is the fact you are sat down so just have to use legs to propel rather than support.

ampthill

Do they do a “fat” version?

richmtb

Erm brakes?

Are they just on those tiny back wheels

That will make things interesting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Has this been done? The Half-bike’ is closed to new replies.