Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Has this been done? Robot Wars nerd stomps off
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/39256234

Made me smile.

I bet he isn’t running in to the arms of his girlfriend. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

His mum will either put him on the naughty step for bad manners, or write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Robot Wars.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

His mum will either put him on the naughty step for bad manners, or write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Robot Wars.

He’s not too big to be put across her knee, either!

And no pudding!

martinhutch

There were a couple of mini-flounces last week too.

Serious business.

TheWrongTrousers

And no pudding!

Looks like he’s had plenty of pudding already !

robware
    Free Member

He’s not stomping off because he lost to kids. He’s leaving to regain composure because he’s upset about losing a critical match due to his team wanting to try out an untested configuration.

This guy has been at it for 18 years. Finally comes close to getting a win, then that’s taken away because his team decided to try the new weapon for the first time. If you watched the episode you can hear him, though quietly, make a quip about his stance on the weapon choice before he makes his exit. I reckon his team thought they had an easy win and got cocky.

martinhutch

In fairness, the fact they were a bunch of kids probably didn’t help him maintain his composure…

CraigW
    Free Member

It seems unfair that the result is based on a judges decision.

thepurist

They tried an untested weapon in a crucial fight. But they would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.

johnners
    Free Member

Yeah pesky judges, using their judgement. Enemies of the people the lot of them.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

He’s not stomping off because he lost to kids. He’s leaving to regain composure because he’s upset about losing a critical match due to his team wanting to try out an untested configuration.

This guy has been at it for 18 years. Finally comes close to getting a win, then that’s taken away because his team decided to try the new weapon for the first time. If you watched the episode you can hear him, though quietly, make a quip about his stance on the weapon choice before he makes his exit. I reckon his team thought they had an easy win and got cocky.

Meh, he’s a grown man. That wasn’t good form regardless of circumstance.

Northwind

Not good form but, good form can be hard to find when you’re crushed.

My uni’s entering a team next year, we tend to disgrace ourselves on TV shows so that should be a laugh.

sirromj

This guy has been at it for 18 years.

And still loses to children 😆

CountZero

Of course, they’d never consider going to a judges or referees decision in any other form of competition, now would they…
    Care to suggest how else they decide how one or other competitor wins in the event of there being no clear winner?
    I must admit that was a classic flounce! And I did laugh, too, but I could see why he was pissed.
    And losing to a team of children with such a simple, untested machine was rubbing the salt in a bit as well.
    Very impressed with Eruption, and I admire team PP3D’s determination to build such a destructive machine, but I think they’ve been hoist by their own petard; causing their own machine to blow up, near as, due to the shock being transmitted back into the inner structure is a little self-defeating…
    Loving the mayhem, though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If he can’t lose graciously he should stick to playing with himself.

colournoise

CountZero – Member
    Very impressed with Eruption

+1. Reminded me of the good old days of Chaos2. Fast moving, big f-off flipper and a couple of wheels.

Still think one of the new school vertical spinners will win though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure he would have been extremely gracious if he had been vanquished by another group of robot-spod, virgin man-babies.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Care to suggest how else they decide how one or other competitor wins in the event of there being no clear winner?

A fight?

See how happy those little shits were then. Blatantly won cos kids. Not that I’ve ever seen this show… but blatantly did.

rt60
    Free Member

It just reminded me of the robot wars episode of Spaced!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They could decide it on battery life. Carry on until one runs out of juice and disables itself, it could lead to a whole new category of nimble long life robots that keep out of the way and outlast their opponents and once they are powerless nudge them towards a pit/house robot. Would be fair but probably make for very tedious TV.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Has this been done? Robot Wars nerd stomps off’ is closed to new replies.