Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has this been done? Austrian mountain fun content
  • Pigface
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCkICXWdWI[/video]

Sorry if it has been done but it looks terrifying/fun in equal measures

unklehomered
    Free Member

good enough to do again.

wingnuts

I want to see what he was sitting on. I think it was an internally fitted spike cause there wasn’t much lateral movement showing.

alpin
    Free Member

yes…. many a time.

there are a few variations of it, too.

there’s a good one (and Germany’s longest) down in Allgäu that runs on paralell rails. you are strapped in car seat belt style unless you are the “passenger” and sat at the front, then you’ve only got a lap belt. there is no way you can leave the rails anbd if you are strapped in you won’t fall off. good for gunning it and pulling some Gs

then there are the old-skool ones where you are not strapped in and the bob simply sits in a metal gully. if you gun it into the corners you’ll come off and it hurts (as i once found out). in fact, these types are my favourite. the sled/bob has wheels and a hand brake that lifts the front wheels off the ground.

edit… the guy in the OPs video is riding one of these:

chewkw
    Free Member

Looks fun but will never work here because of Health & Safety and your insurance company will charge you a premium for riding them … 😆

rickmeister

Alpin, is that top one in Todtnau ? We have been on the one there and it looks identical. Its ace and also uses the same lift for the downhill course…

And we are moving there as soon as possible. Ms Rickmeister starts work just around teh corner, 2nd May…

alpin
    Free Member

no, top one is near Immenstadt in Allgäu, southern Bavaria.

Todtnau and the surrounding area is nice. Black Forest. get yourself over to Freiburg once you’re settled in. Nice little town with fantastic riding.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I would love to do that!!! Amazing! Will designate the £2 coin collection to this after my Wales weekend
    Never even knew stuff like that existed! Thanks op, woo hoo!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has this been done? Austrian mountain fun content’ is closed to new replies.