• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Has this always gone on, or are we just bombarded with news & sickos?
  • gogg
    Free Member

Cannibal paedophile in Kent

Is this new, or the result of care in the community, or just people needing to go further to get their kicks??

xcgb
    Free Member

Sick stuff has always happened we just hear about it quicker IMO

People will always be people

russianbob
    Free Member

^ Don’t you mean “People will always eat people”?

globalti
    Free Member

It’s very common all over Africa, both in the domestic setting and in war situations where it’s done more for religious or juju reasons than sexual perversion.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Love the creative use of the “or”, there… 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

it’s done more for religious or juju reasons than sexual perversion

…and there was me thinking that it was just dam right wrong

vinnyeh

Sick stuff has always happened we just hear about it quicker IMO

I’m not a fan of censorship, but I do wonder how much of the problem is caused by the ease of finding “like minded people” nowadays, and the encouragement they offer each other.

Once upon a time a bloke like that would probably have lived his fantasies out in his head, pretty much unable to contact others of his ilk, today he can find himself a peer group, where they can egg each other on.

growinglad
    Free Member

Thankfully the police/agencies are aware of these sites and have people doing their best to track these weirdo’s down hopefully before they do any damage.

But I think I read a few weeks back about an ex copper in the states doing something similar and getting away with it as he hadn’t actually followed through (they caught him before he got a chance). Now that’s messed up letting him off…

In my eyes, keep them for the rest of their days in a secure mental hospital and never let them out. When people are this messed up they will never be right….

…or we could do an eye for an eye and eat him first….but I’ll skip the main thanks.

nemesis
    Free Member

getting away with it as he hadn’t actually followed through

Which leads to the debate about thought crime… It’s an interesting ethical conundrum, isn’t it? I don’t think that there’s any more ‘badness’ out there than there ever has been before, it’s just that it’s easier for people to find out more about it and find like minded people and also to potentially plan things remotely. Whether that actually leads to more of it happening rather than it just being fantasy (eg they’ll talk about it, plan it but would never actually do it) isn’t something that I believe we have clear data on to say what the reality is.

atlaz
    Free Member

My dad was a policeman and reckoned that the level of “wrongness” hadn’t really increased, just that you found out about it quicker and quicker as his career progressed. Where, in the 60s, a paedophile would be local news, now it’s national or international news.

Same for that freak in the BBC story however it’s an interesting question whether without the internet he’d even have come to the attention of the police. It would either have been he’d never have done anything about it or the first inkling was when he killed some poor soul.

gogg
    Free Member

I wonder if an increase in mobility has had an impact as well?

When I was kid, you knew who the “wrong-uns” were in your area? Although more often than not they were probably just trying to keep themselves to themselves. The real wrong-uns were running the Scouts (definitely the case with one of ours), Schools, churches, etc and getting away with it, but with people moving around more for work and the like and the increased anonymity in our urban neighbourhoods do people just disappear under the radar. Like the old “He always kept himself to himself”, “Was never any trouble”, “Such a quiet man” cliches that used to be trawled out.

CountZero

Like the old “He always kept himself to himself”, “Was never any trouble”, “Such a quiet man” cliches that used to be trawled out.

Pretty much every one of those have been used to describe various serial killers over the years, as well as sexual predators, I’m thinking particularly of John Wayne Gacy:

To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children as “Pogo the Clown”. He was a generous, hard working, friendly, devoted family man, everyone knew that — but that was the side of John Wayne Gacy that he allowed people to see.

Underneath the smiling mask of the clown was the face of depraved fiend.

Drac

or the result of care in the community

This bit wasn’t serious was it?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Depravity beyond belief makes for clicks and purchases, we are saturated with media, the Penny Dreadfuls of the day. And the BBC see fit to feed other sicko’s curiosities with targeted keywords?

nealglover
    Free Member

Could this be TRUE?

Which bit ?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks to the internet it’s easier for people with special interests to communicate, it seems there are even websites for mountain bikers.

Back to the pervs: so maybe the really odd ones can communicate more, get mutual support and are bolder in their horrible activities.

gogg
    Free Member

Depravity beyond belief makes for clicks and purchases, we are saturated with media, the Penny Dreadfuls of the day.

That’s it in a nutshell, I shall stop reading these links. Maybe my abstinence will help starve them of the oxygen of publicity and reduce the medias need to cover such subjects.

(I’m not taking the p*** by the way, just reflecting on my own actions).

grum
    Free Member

Cannibal paedophile in Kent

Is this new, or the result of care in the community, or just people needing to go further to get their kicks??

Not sure – some nice bokeh in this picture though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Has this always gone on, or are we just bombarded with news & sickos?’ is closed to new replies.