• This topic has 120 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Digby.
Viewing 121 post (of 121 total)
  • Has there ever been a campaign for riding access to footpaths?
  • Digby

It’s well known that if you create quality provision, the ‘sheep’ will follow the routes, which is the best way of protecting the sensitive areas from excess disturbance.

Agreed and this has apparently worked in places such as the LDNP, where in high usage areas, rangers etc have ‘steered’ walkers onto ‘maintained’ paths by removing excessive cairns and making the designated path distinct in order to remove pressure on sensitive and poor drainage spots.

But then the LDNP and the Lakeland community are reliant on the tourist industry – of whom walkers make up a significant percentage.

I’m less convinced that the PDNP and DCC see mountain bikers as a ‘cash cow’. Initiatives such as the Stanage-North Lees Parking Sticker are a great idea I think and I would hope have been embraced by many local riders

Viewing 121 post (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Has there ever been a campaign for riding access to footpaths?’ is closed to new replies.