Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Has there been a discussion on Gone Girl?
  • baronsamedi
    Free Member

An incredible film, give the Oscar to Ms Pike now.

I thought the sister was brilliant as well.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I thought it was gratuitous and too long.

Ben Affleck was pretty good though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

difficult to discuss much without spoilers. I thought a lot of the scenes of Ms Pike were voyeuristically shot and more what you’d expect from Paul Verhoeven or Michael Bay than David Fincher.

Loved the music, and thought the sister and the female cop were the only likeable characters in it. Hadnt read the book so didnt expect it to go where it did, all in all it was flawed but enjoyably bonkers.

cubist
    Free Member

The Book is great, has any one that has read the book seen the film? I love David Finchers films so have high expectations….

nick-no-balance
    Free Member

Recently finished the book.Very much enjoyed.
    I’m yet to see the film, but I tend to nod off to easily these days in a cinema environment.

avdave2

I’ve read the book and seen the film and enjoyed both. I think the success of the film is very much down to the author having written the screenplay, it’s a far better adaptation of a novel than most films manage.

ampthill

I enjoyed both book and film

Unusually it kept me awake in the cinema

Your not really meant to like either of the main couple are you?

As good a book to screen conversion as any I have seen. With the possible exception of “The Boat”

tmb467
    Free Member

…cant believe no-one has mentioned Emily Ratajkowski

she gave a very nuanced performance

tiggs121
    Free Member

Good until the last 15 mins where it all seemed a bit rushed and flawed. Had the potential to be finished better I felt.

All in all though a good film with some excellent performances.

missnotax
    Free Member

Saw this last weekend and really liked it – hadn’t read the book so didn’t see any of the twists coming. Really great film, although potentially more than a little terrifying for guys!

avdave2

Your not really meant to like either of the main couple are you?

No your not but I did think they were slightly more likeable in the film than the book.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Has there been a discussion on Gone Girl?’ is closed to new replies.