Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • has their ever been an epic list of who was banned and why
  • mboy
    Free Member

Another one here who’s not been banned (incredibly) at any point, but had received emails in the past slapping my wrists for a couple of things, most notably swear filter avoidance. Though like others on this thread already, I am expecting Drac to play his Jedi Mind Trick and tell me that I haven’t been warned in the past, and that it was all a figment of my imagination!

Or could it be that the shit **** arse **** crappy spreadsheet isn’t as comprehensive as it should be? Or should I have filtered that myself?

In my defence… I have been drinking! 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Wahey, 3 out of 5 words got through the filter! 🙂

honourablegeorge

Drac – Moderator

No you haven’t.

Clearly this isn’t in my inbox, then.

<forum@singletrackworld.com>
    10/21/12

“You don’t have to go to f*!%ing IKEA to get one ” Please do not avoid the swear filter, you’re post has been deleted. Thanks.

In relation to: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-duffbags-new-stock#post-4279720

If you think this message has been sent in error please contact moderator@singletrackworld.com.

Sent to honourablegeorge (honourablegeorge) by the Singletrack moderators.

scotroutes

I make that 3 letters… 😆

ton

pwned Drac…… 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Clearly this isn’t in my inbox, then.

Well it is, but it is a warning for swear avoidance on a banned word.

However, you said:

I’ve had a similar warning email for exactly that.

In relation to using the word ‘shit’, which isn’t banned.

So technically, you’re all ****s. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

“you’re post has been deleted.”

I am deeply shocked.

Jamie
    Free Member

“you’re post has been deleted.”

My god. We’re being ruled over by [NOPE-MODS]!

somafunk

That’s what perplexed me, i received a similar message from a nameless moderator@singletrackworld.com address to reply to if i felt the message had been sent in error, if you have a genuine complaint about something i posted then at least have the decency to stand by your moderator name so i know who to address in further correspondance.

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s what perplexed me, i received a similar message from a nameless moderator@singletrackworld.com address to reply to if i felt the message had been sent in error, if you have a genuine complaint about something i posted then at least have the decency to stand by your moderator name so i know who to address in further correspondence.

To be fair, this has been covered. In as much as not everyone is as level headed as you, Somafunk, and some people were giving the mods dog’s abuse in real life for spankings they had administered on here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

AHH cross post with jamie
    IIRC they went on an STW ride and got grief from the forumites for this.
    Also if you banned some of the gobshites on here [ myself included] would you then respond to them?
    Drac has responded to me on more than one occasion to be fair and said who he was.
    I respect cougar and Drac more for being the only ones to openly moderate, though i understand why the others are not open, so lets not give them to much shit for it folks.
    Its not hard to see why the other moderators prefer anonymity

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

And the thread is gone in 5,4,3,2,1….

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😆

jimmy

I got banned for dual accounts. That is, counting those found…

and again for commenting on an attractive forum member in yoof speak. (It was ojom, *hunk*).

(no really, it was just dual accounts)

househusband
    Free Member

I wonder if some of these ‘I was banned’ claims are no longer to visible to current mods since the forum demise and resurrection following the hacking a few years back..?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d like to say I’ve been banned, but I dont think I have!

Northwind

I got some cheek on a bikeradar group ride for being a mod, so every time the boy opened his mouth I shouted COMMENT DELETED at him. Unexpectedly it worked and I succesfully modded real life 😆

Out of curiosity, is that mod-baiting something that still happens to guys on here? It’s incredibly shit, if anything deserves a lifetime ban that’s it right there.

Jamie
    Free Member

I got some cheek on a bikeradar group ride for being a mod, so every time the boy opened his mouth I shouted COMMENT DELETED at him. Unexpectedly it worked and I succesfully modded real life

Why does that sentence conjure the following image in my mind?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1GzTu_xOs[/video]

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I got some cheek on a bikeradar group ride for being a mod, so every time the boy opened his mouth I shouted COMMENT DELETED at him. Unexpectedly it worked and I succesfully modded real life

😀 Awesome, as is that video in the reply by Jamie

scotroutes

WONUNDRED!!!

ojom
    Free Member

Merlin should’ve been banned for not having the right picturez.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    WONUNDRED!!!

How unoriginal, are you on drugs?

compositepro
    Free Member

how the hell do you know its post 100 or who has replied to a thread i only read whats on page 1

househusband
    Free Member

how the hell do you know its post 100 or who has replied to a thread i only read whats on page 1

Because he’s a Moderator… 😡

scotroutes

Ah – it was in honour of a banned ex-forumite.

Edit: I didn’t know that variant of “banned” was in the swear filter 🙂

binners

I’ve been banned a few times (I’m amazed it’s not more), and had loads of warnings, for constant swear filter avoidance, posting a particularly offensive Macc Lads video, making an absolutely obscene remark to Hora, and other stuff I can’t even remember

All well deserved, if I’m honest. It’s not big and it’s not clever

Northwind

Jamie, that’s exactly what it was like 😆

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ah – it was in honour of a banned ex-forumite.

I’m sure that **** deserved it, I’m surprised you remember him though 😉

Cougar

Sorry I’m late to the party. Couple of replies I’d like to make.

I think the mods are way too oversensitive and they seem to let some things go by whilst others get hammered .

I’ve explained this before, but you need to understand that the moderators are individual people rather than a hive mind. Whilst I’d hope we’re all largely on the same page, what one deems acceptable another may not; personal judgement calls are always going to differ a little.

I had a stern telling off for avoiding the swear filter, for words that were not in the swear filter but should be, in a thread full of swearing

I’d expect that this was quite a while ago. For a little while we had a misunderstanding as to how this should be moderated, but this has long been addressed.

Drac

So Hounrablegeorge it wasn’t for the word shit and you used swear filter avoidance.

Anyway back to work.

walleater

Shit! 😯

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I got a warning for saying “****** stunned”. Said I thought that was pathetic and got a 3 day ban, which I thought was really ******** pathetic.

IanMunro
    Free Member

ignore me. Wrong thread!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    Dalai Lama

BAN HIM!

…..Actually he is on the banned list, of the Chinese Government.

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘has their ever been an epic list of who was banned and why’ is closed to new replies.