Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Has something happened at Planet X?
  • Del

FFS give the guy a break.

‘yeah, I’m new, if there’s anything I can do to help, just ask’

‘i demand your credentials!’ yours, Outraged of STW

get the pitchforks out!

SQxxxxx when you getting stainless 32T ss chainrings back in? ta!

jimoiseau
    Free Member

sq225917 – will you be posting your own personal musings about life, the universe and everything on the planet x twitter feed too?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I thought Brant might call his own frame company ‘ done one ‘

chip
    Free Member

Or even better, DO ONE.

bigjim

I don’t know a single rider that doesn’t frequent this forum

I don’t think you know many riders then!

sq225917
    Free Member

jimoiseau, I’ll be filling up the Sheffield Twitter and Facebook pages with the usual pointless drivel intended to whip cyclists up into a blind spending frenzy.

Northwind

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Just because it had been bugging me for days I looked up sq225917 on the OS map, it’s in the Irish Sea, on the route of the Cork-Roscoff ferry.

Ah, the secret undersea crypto-zionist base. All becomes clear.

sq225917
    Free Member

Del, 3rd week of August.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ah, the secret undersea crypto-zionist base. All becomes clear.

Wierdly, bing comes up with “no image” rather than the usual default tiled sea/waves it shows whene there’s nothing there. The plot thickens!

househusband

…I thought for a moment Brant was now working at Orange when I started watching this the other day;

[video]http://youtu.be/RjGGvr-Bp9w[/video]

curiousyellow
    Free Member

3rd week of August.

This year?

sq225917
    Free Member

@curious, I never checked…..

I do hope so, otherwise I will have failed on my first response. My money is on the 21st but it could be a few days either way. Leaves on lines, pirates on the high sea; who knows the vagaries of international sea freight?

walleater

and yes, Singletrack is pretty much the go-to place for information about mountain biking

rob-jackson
    Free Member

think i raised that px were having issues 2 weeks back and got flamed for it …

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I am so looking forward to the next few months.

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s issues, where’s my frame/jacket/sausage etc, and there’s stating a company is about to go tits up.

hora
    Free Member

Oh yes that thread that I had to google then cache to view….

seanoc
    Free Member

Christ, I wish my “FS – Ultegra chainset” thread was as populated.

brant
    Free Member

rob jackson – Member
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

You were talking utter shite though from what I saw on google cache.

Planet X sell Ultegra chainsets, but if you want one second hand try here.

sq225917
    Free Member

Sean, try a picture that always helps. Maybe a story about the good times times that you had with your cranks and then sign off by asking people to tell their favourite ultegra crank story. If you can show a picture of some famous ex someone using them Even better.

Engagement- it’s the basis of all effective marketing don’t cha know… 😉

p8ddy
    Free Member

I’m glad sq225917 is posting. I think lending a hand on the forum for folks isn’t a bad thing and is maybe being blown out of proportion.

If he continues to give PX the human face that Brant gave it, then it’s a good thing. I’d rather have a ‘I wonder if sq225917 is online to answer my gripe’ than nothing, lets put it that way.

I’ve never had any problems buying from PX (other than pushing the limit of my Credit card) but it’s always nice to know that someone is able to lend a hand/ear/keyboard…

Just me, but I think the demands for personal/professional details are harsh.

mcnultycop

I’ve bought stuff from PE/OO and it’s generally been spot on. When I’ve had a problem (wrong items delivered, gloves torn after 2 rides) the customer services have been fine.

I appreciate from reading threads Brant has sorted a few internetters’ issues out, but Internet forum rescuer isn’t really a required role for a bike shop.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just me, but I think the demands for personal/professional details are harsh.

I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Someone saying they work for PX/OO and offering to sort out people’s issues is great, and they seem to need it.

But asking what their actual job is isn’t exactly overstepping the mark.

Seems perfectly logical to want to know who’s dealing with your problems, rather than just some made up forum name.

chip
    Free Member

I’d rather have a ‘I wonder if sq225917 is online to answer my gripe’ than nothing, lets put it that way.

Maybe I am being ridicules here, but how about contacting PX/OO.
    I know outrageous, how would the face of on one then go on to shamelessly plug their products.
    Beats paying for advertising.

sq225917
    Free Member

Chip, I happen to agree with you, there’s a customer service team just waiting to answer any questions. But not everyone likes the phone, some people prefer forums, some prefer Facebook, some like to come into the shop and get hands on. A good company caters to all tastes.

I’ll not be plugging anything, just answering questions.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Squiggle seems like a decent bloke so maybe the haterz should give him a bit of slack.
    On the “go to place for ruining your mountain biking brand” (really??) that will probably be just enough slack to wrap around his neck and allow him drop 6 feet.

kudos
    Free Member

the “go to place for ruining your mountain biking brand” (really??)

Nice paraphrasing 😉 , but yes. If a company has built a large part of its brand around a cult model like the inbred – a frame that would have had very limited success had it not ‘gone viral’ on forums like this and the magazine that hosts it – it would make sound business sense to continue to cultivate that revenue stream.

And yes, most mountain bike riders I know, whilst maybe not “Big Hitters” – or even registered members – all visit this forum every once in a while.

oldejeans
    Free Member

JoeG
    Free Member

Matt24k – Member

Squiggle seems…

Brilliant. I like “Squiggle” a lot more that “sq225917” as it will be a heck of a lot easier to remember! 😉

sq225917
    Free Member

‘squiggle’…. I’ve been called far worse.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Has something happened at Planet X?’ is closed to new replies.