Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • Has something happened at Planet X?
  • variflex
    Free Member

many of the major brands don’t need any brand building or massive marketing investment by the uk distributors… and personally I think that old excuse is a bit thin in this day and age. if u look at the prices other eu countries can retail the same brands at, there is a fundamental issue somewhere. why that is I’m not sure but some one out there should be able to explain. many big brands simply bury their heads in the sand assuming no one compares pricing across continents.

note: edited to say even when you take into account currency exchange and shipping some margin dfferences are shocking

JoeG
    Free Member

It was easy to just type “Brant, Brant, Brant” and have him appear to solve the problem! 🙂

WTF is gonna remember to type “sq225917, sq225917, sq225917” FFS! 😡 He does seem to know about kiteboards and vinyl records; we’ll see if that is useful on here. 😉

chip
    Free Member

I just went to look for my latest edition of singletrack magazine but must have thrown it away.
    I wanted to see out of how many pages in total there were how many of those pages were brand advertising, not geoffs cycle emporium but brand/product advertising.

I am guessing a fair few.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

chip, genuine question here, do you know who pays for the marketing in a territory? Is it the local distributor such as Madison or does the money come from the manufacturer, Giro, or is it a bit of both?

If Madison pay for all UK marketing then they need to recoup this money through sales by supplying UK shops. Having no revenue from PX, etc. selling a imported identical product in their territory must be a little frustrating. If Giro pay some or all of the costs then it becomes a little different I suppose.

hora
    Free Member

That herbert is saving the consumer from inflated anti competitive pricing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve known Simon since the early days of kite surfing in this country. He’s a top bloke and I expect he will be doing the same excellent job for PX/OO as he does for Best.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So was Simon brought in as the STW customer services manager?

I’m glad Simon has decided on his new role at Planet X looks like we could be on for some very non pc / diplomatic responses from the new customer services team

sq225917
    Free Member

STW customer services manager, if only such an attractive post existed at PX. Imagine the number of applicants we’d get for that role.

“Wanted, online customer services operative. Must be able to dodge lethal bullets and pull magical customer services saves out of the ether with next to no physical support. An understanding of herd mentality, thick skin and ability to walk the tightrope between outright disaster and barely satisfactory outcomes a must.”

Like I said, I’ll try to help out wherever I can, I can’t promise anything but I’ll do my damnedest to help out and I’ll be doing it on my own time. The ‘STW massive’ isn’t part of my role but I want people to receive the best service possible from PX/OO, I’m enthused about what we can do at PX/OO and I want customer’s experiences of PX/OO to be as positive as possible.

That’s it in a nutshell.

brant
    Free Member

able to dodge lethal bullets and pull magical customer services saves out of the ether with next to no physical support. An understanding of herd mentality, thick skin and ability to walk the tightrope between outright disaster and barely satisfactory outcomes

I should add that to my linked in.

chip
    Free Member

able to dodge lethal bullets and pull magical customer services saves out of the ether with next to no physical support. An understanding of herd mentality, thick skin and ability to walk the tightrope between outright disaster and barely satisfactory outcomes

Does this statement not say more about PX/OO customer service, than the stw massive.

Jamie
    Free Member

The ‘STW massive’

I don’t know why, but I really dislike that phrase.

As such, and stealing from crows, I would like to offer the alternative of a ‘murdered out of STW’ers’.

chip
    Free Member

.D

All we need is a gangster esq twisted fingered hand signal. Aaaayyyeee.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Then some of you think that is bad ??? Sounds good to me esp as its the same product

Wasn’t the issue that non EU helmets didn’t have the right standards so weren’t the same? IIRC some of the road helemts are different in different teritories, whereas the MTB ones are more overbuilt to pass any test?

As such, and stealing from crows, I would like to offer the alternative of a ‘murdered out of STW’ers’.

I prefer the term “Flange of STW’ers”, it encompases the whole spectrum of IT monkeys, “look at me” arses and ****s whilst paying homage to the middle classness and “things were better in the old days” with the Monty Python reference.

CheesybeanZ

I would like to offer the alternative of a ‘murdered out of STW’ers’.

Seems more like a Jury sometimes 😉

hora
    Free Member

Simon? I think we’ve spoken a couple of times over sizing/my road bike. I think keeping an eye on forums is noble but you risk being mired in a disagreement/argument/anything you say being misconstrued.

TPTcruiser

Pitchfork of STWers?

skellnonch
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Simon? I think we’ve spoken a couple of times over sizing/my road bike. I think keeping an eye on forums is noble but you risk being mired in a disagreement/argument/anything you say being misconstrued.

You don’t know who you are dealing with….he is the Jedi of forum repartee, engage him at your peril….

martinhutch

He sounds very entertaining. We should all start buying more stuff from PX to see how he handles the customer or corporate cock-ups. 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

I hope I didn’t give the impression that I may be ‘down with the kids’, down with the grandkids perhaps!

Hora, I hear what you say and it mirrors my own feelings, but I figure there’s more to be gained in terms of customer satisfaction than there is lost in terms of the occasional mauling I’ll receive. We’ll see what happens.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Somewhere in South Wales, I think, but I don’t have OS maps. It’s not my favourite area,y’know.

convert

Personally as a company manager/owner I’d be very wary of an employee (and a new one at that) attempting to unofficially represent the company on an open forum in matters of customer service, without my authorisation. I hope you plan on seeking some.

From a forum perspective accounts sometimes used to represent the views of a company/ seek feedback is usually a good thing but probably should be openly labelled as such – I’m sure a mod could alter the bit that says ‘member’ next to the user name.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m sure a mod could alter the bit that says ‘member’ next to the user name.

Hopefully it will still be a euphemism for penis though, to keep with the theme.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The ‘STW massive’
    I don’t know why, but I really dislike that phrase.

Judging by the number of weight loss threads on here, it’s accurate…

scandal42
    Free Member

I have just purchased £435.74 worth of equipment from OO. I didn’t need any of it and I ensured all the goods were low stock items (less than 4)

Should be a bloody good acid test 😆

Get ready

hora
    Free Member

Personally as a company manager/owner I’d be very wary of an employee (and a new one at that) attempting to unofficially represent the company on an open forum in matters of customer service, without my authorisation. I hope you plan on seeking some.

Exactly. Any argument, every word can be used back. Anything else that you post on a different topic can be ‘is that also PlanetX’s opinion’?

Its too much of a minefield. Richie from silverfish and a chap from Fishers had/have the best approach- dip in when spot a comment with ‘can you mail me’ etc. Thats it. No discussions or posts that can leave you open to open-ended attacks.

kudos
    Free Member

I reckon this sq225917 character is just Brent using a different log-in.

He’s realised that he irreparably damaged the brand with previous forum posts so they’ve cooked up this “Brant Quits/Squiggle is the Online Saviour of On-One” routine…

sq225917
    Free Member

Convert, thanks for the concern. I’m offering STW members the chance to get the same answer they’d receive if they came into the Sheffield showroom, or phoned customer service to make an enquiry about product, their accounts or the status of any order.

That’s my role, I’m just saving people a trip or a phone call.

I’ll certainly be continuing to use swear words in my none PX posts and generally act like a child and throw my toys out of the pram when suitable.

wwaswas

I think something in your profile should indicate your role and who you represent – currently it looks like you run a surf website.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I want people to receive the best service possible from PX/OO, I’m enthused about what we can do at PX/OO and I want customer’s experiences of PX/OO to be as positive as possible.

So… what is the difference between on one and Planet X?

convert

Convert, thanks for the concern. I’m offering STW members the chance to get the same answer they’d receive if they came into the Sheffield showroom, or phoned customer service to make an enquiry about product, their accounts or the status of any order.

That’s my role, I’m just saving people a trip or a phone call.

My concern was not for you, but your employer.

Just to be clear, unless you are representing your employer in an authorised capacity but are clearly publicising your relationship you are always just a few mouse clicks away from a gross misconduct/ company into disrepute charge and a p45, no matter how well intentioned.

I’ll certainly be continuing to use swear words in my none PX posts and generally act like a child and throw my toys out of the pram when suitable.

which makes it worse.

To be honest, in your situation, I’d stay well clear.

hora
    Free Member

Although at the end of each post you could sign off

‘Surfs up’

Jamie
    Free Member

“Brant Quits/Squiggle is the Online Saviour of On-One” routine…

If only there was a way to work out which one was the evil one…

brant
    Free Member

I reckon this sq225917 character is just Brent using a different log-in.

He’s realised that he irreparably damaged the brand with previous forum posts so they’ve cooked up this “Brant Quits/Squiggle is the Online Saviour of On-One” routine…

It’s so not the case.

Northwind

kudos – Member

He’s realised that he irreparably damaged the brand with previous forum posts

What a load of pish 😆

WackoAK
    Free Member

Brant – is it true that you’ve left On-One/PX to finally make the dropper post you promised years ago? 😉

kudos
    Free Member

What a load of pish

Really? I seem to remember a lot of forum dwellers vowing never to spend money with the company after Brent basically told a customer that he couldn’t give a monkey’s toss about a just-out-of-warranty frame failure on a model that was beset with problems.

Maybe my memory plays tricks…

Jamie – brilliant! 😀

Northwind

And that “irrepairably damaged the brand”- a few grumpy people on singletrack? 😆 We are not the bike industry. There wouldn’t be a brand without Brant, full stop but by all means ignore the smooth and obsess about the rough.

What’s damaged the brand ime is casual dishonesty and that’s not come from Brant- it became a problem when he left.

sq225917
    Free Member

Kitesurfing, yeh, that’s my previous employer, I was marketing director there for 7 years.

brant
    Free Member

WackoAK – Member
    Brant – is it true that you’ve left On-One/PX to finally make the dropper post you promised years ago?
    POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’ll have another go at that. The one that actually drops.

Stoner
    Free Member

and where’s my monsterpetamine eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Has something happened at Planet X?’ is closed to new replies.