Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Has someone elses fireworks cost me my dog?
  • Cougar

I’m not a dog person, so not really qualified to make recommendations. But it strikes me that if you have a dog in the house which requires muzzling, the correct solution probably isn’t a muzzle.

Why would you choose to have a potentially dangerous animal in the house? Either the dog’s trustworthy, in which case a muzzle is unnecessary, or it’s not, in which case it needs to go, surely?

Hope your lad will be ok. Sounds like a horrible situation and I don’t envy it.

leenightingale
    Free Member

Logged out to live in the real world for 24 hours. Dogs can be great companions, friends and buddies, but they are not your son! This opinion doesn’t make me reactionary it just makes me human. I’m not Bruce lee just lee.. This experience resulted in your little boy going to hospital for stitches that will leave a scar for the rest of his life. I can’t support any opinion that puts the welfare of a pet above that of the welfare of your own child, sorry if that upsets anyone but it certainly is not reactionary. If you want to muzzle a dog then fine but accept that means that you choose to allow an animal into your home that sometimes wants to attack you and your family. Live with the consequences of that choice and don’t look for absolution on the Internet..

A dog or the well being of your son? I still don’t understand how you would have trouble solving that equation? Maybe I am just a reactionary?

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

Where did the out it down voices stand if another child hit the kid I the playground?

Much the same. Though I’d expect it to be done for free on the NHS, rather than having to pay a vet.

leenightingale
    Free Member

Davidjones15
    That’s a very literal way to take my post, and not the way it was intended, It was supposed to be emotive but also to clearly take a moral stance. I accept that many points of view exist but you must accept that I don’t understand yousr!
    A child is a gift, what message do you send that wonderuss gift when you are willing to risk its like on a pet?

leenightingale
    Free Member

My kids have been out in the playground for a while now but have never been in hospital with facial injuries? Maybe other kids can be trusted more than semi wild animals?

leenightingale
    Free Member

Previous posts littered with I pad related spelling issues that I humbly apoligise for 🙂

br
    Free Member

A dog or the well being of your son? I still don’t understand how you would have trouble solving that equation?

+1

And to add onto my previous post. While I was in the Vets someone said what a lovely dog I had, I said what he’d done, and what I was going to do. I nearly got lynched. The majority of opinion was that I should either just let him go free or take him to the Dog Pound and say I’d found him…

Luckily there was one other sane guy there who asked them all what they’d do if they read the news about a stray dog that had badly bitten a child!

timc
    Free Member

dogs gone…

tracknicko
    Free Member

bad times. probably best decision if he has behavioural aggression and is in a household.

Karinofnine

Greyhounds – Nippy? WTF are you talking about? They are the LEAST nippy breed I know of and one of the only breeds renowned to be good with children.

I’ve just rehomed two. I’ve had them 5 weeks. 5 weeks in which their entire lives have been turned upside down. For them everything has changed. Nevertheless, I can put my fingers in their mouths and take food out, I can touch them anywhere, they travel in the car without a murmur. I am sorry if your little boy got bitten but PLEASE don’t blame your dog. Take him back to the kennels if you must – actually, where do you live? I know someone who will take him.

mrchrispy

…I can touch them anywhere

too much info thanks!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I am sorry if your little boy got bitten but PLEASE don’t blame your dog.

While I hear what you’re saying, the dog is responsible for biting his son. Not a lot of choice IMO other than to get it re-homed, since he can do nothing about the fireworks.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Has someone elses fireworks cost me my dog?’ is closed to new replies.