Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Has it been all a bit too easy for Bradley Wiggins to win the tour?
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

If Wiggo really has been taking it more easily than Froome, it’ll be interesting to see if he gives it the beans tomorrow and blows everyone out of the water for the stage win. Is he the best TTer left?

is brad the best TTer left? errrr.. is he the best TTer period might be a better question.

certainly top 5 in the world.

neil853
    Free Member

I for one will savour this years tour more than any other, it will always live on as the tour where an Englishman dominated the tour at the helm of a british team.

Nothing else matters

patriotic? me? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

That is the belgian born Englishman with the austrialian dad being supported by the English kenyan born South African…….Bet you class Cav as English rather than a Manxman eh
    http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_6636468,00.html

http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_6638000,00.html
    + Cav
    All british and none born in England
    HTH

Lets not pretend that Bradley has had to do the same work as everyone else for the whole tour, that’s the whole point of him being a protected rider

True but you also all forget there was twice when Froome cracked [ once for brad but Froome cracked earlier and was towed up by brad] as well or bradley did the lead work – across to Nibbles for example

We dont know what would have happened if they had raced each other…look at nibbles, he attacked one day and too tired the next to keep up – this may have happened to Froome as well.

It is all guess work,Froome is a better climber and Brad much better on the flats and TT so they would have a good race against each other but I suspect Sky have enough data to know who is the best.
    We will probably have the same conversation when Brad helps Froome win a tour.

Edric64
    Free Member

Quote from Cycling Weekly
    I did 3200metres of climbing around Teide during a two week camp last month April and by the time we finish this latest fortnight late May I will have done another 32000 metres
    From April 1st this year until the day I line up for the TDF prologue I will have done 100000 metres of high quality climbing.If I had trained this hard when I was riding track at the Olympics God only knows what I might have done.I have no idea how I ever finished 4th in 2009 TDF I used to think I worked hard but this is a different level.

I think Brad may have put some work into it this year as would the rest of the team .You get out what you put in.

Junkyard
    Free Member

His tapering two weeks before the race involved 5 hr 30 minute rides 😯

neil853
    Free Member

We will probably have the same conversation when Brad helps Froome win a tour.

Am I the only one that would like to see them race each other though? I mean, is one tour totle enough? It’s not like Brad is too old….

neil853
    Free Member

Aw hang on Junkyard surely you can’t suggest that he doesn’t regard himself as English? 🙄

He’s a proud Englishman having also lived in England since he was 2 (to an English mother)

Bit different to Froome

Junkyard
    Free Member

My point is the english claim english folk as English and non English as British or in this case foreign borne brits as English….just call them all British, its what his passport will say.

I dont think he has ever cycled for England has he?
    I dont know whether the modfather is patriotically british or English tbh.
    [ i bet you google some choice quotes 😉 ]

neil853
    Free Member

Well i’m having him as English 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    I dont know whether the modfather is patriotically british or English

well he’s not a Scot and that’s all that matters 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Ro5ey
    Free Member

He’s from south of the river… so he’s arguably French 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Anybody else had an email from Ribble? I know we’re all sure he’s going to win, but isn’t it just a tad premature announcing “To celebrate Bradley Wiggins Tour de France victory…”

RustySpanner

He might be a British citizen, but he was born in Belgium, so he’s Belgian!
    Sorry, but that’s the fact of the matter.
    He’s about as English as Zola Budd 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I dont think he has ever cycled for England has he?

Apart from winning 3 medals riding for England in the Commonwealth Games, no he hasn’t – good point.

Blackhound

Aracer – I have had that email as well. Hope he does fall over or anything.

Read that CyclingNews Robert Millar article miketually linked to earlier. No easy tours according the the man who has the T-shirt

binners

Anybody else had an email from Ribble? I know we’re all sure he’s going to win, but isn’t it just a tad premature announcing “To celebrate Bradley Wiggins Tour de France victory…”

I’m more concerned by their absolutely unforgivably appalling photoshop use

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Hope he does fall over or anything.

I hope you’ve missed a word out there! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

are points often indicated by a Question mark in your world 🙄
    Just answer the question

aracer
    Free Member

OK, then Junky – yes he has.

Happy now?

Though you do start the post with that question in it with “My point..”

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do start with sentence then I add a full stop and then start a new paragraph and then I ask a question.
    I also said I dont know what he thinks as well so what with the question and my statement it kind of gave it away that I did not know the answer.I realise I should have been clearer now 😕
    oh and thanks 😉

Macavity
    Free Member

BBC Radio4 More or Less

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qshd

“The Tour de France and the statistics of cheating

Can maths prove whether the Tour de France has successfully clamped down on drugs?”

mrtee
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    Quote from Cycling Weekly
    I did 3200metres of climbing around Teide during a two week camp last month April and by the time we finish this latest fortnight late May I will have done another 32000 metres
    From April 1st this year until the day I line up for the TDF prologue I will have done 100000 metres of high quality climbing.If I had trained this hard when I was riding track at the Olympics God only knows what I might have done.I have no idea how I ever finished 4th in 2009 TDF I used to think I worked hard but this is a different level.

I think Brad may have put some work into it this year as would the rest of the team .You get out what you put in.

Pussy, I did 24733 meters of climbing just last week in portes du soleil…

thanks god for a liftpass

Seriously I can believe this thread, for someone who has been watching le tour since 1983, chapeau Wiggins

mefty
    Free Member

Quite right mrtee, bloody neophytes.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Has it been all a bit too easy for Bradley Wiggins to win the tour?’ is closed to new replies.