Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Has everyone dumped their Lyriks for Pikes
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Just had a wee scan of completed eBay listings for RS Lyriks and the prices seem to have gone through the floor! Is this due to the new Pike causing Lyrik owners to dump their old forks? Or is it just that they are 26 inch old hat that no one wants them anymore?

robhughes
    Free Member

Ja wana buy some Lyriks.. 😀

almightydutch
    Free Member

Still got mine but have observed the cheap forks out there.

For your money I doubt you can find a better fork!

26 lives on with me. Wont be changing soon and relishing the bargain 26″ wheels coming about as I’m looking for some (delete one) newer, stronger, lighter ones.hehe.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Swapped my Lyriks for pikes. Still 26″. Lyriks for sale!

honourablegeorge

Probably a bit of both.

35 mm fork with a fancy new damper versus the old 35mm fork that weights a load more.

cb

Strange, they still seem expensive to me. Been looking for 1 1/8 u-turn coils with decent steerer length and they all seem £300plus.

Northwind

Just in the process. Though will be putting the lyriks on something else, rather than selling.

Depends what you were after with the Lyriks really- I went with coils, it’s proper mini-dh performance but the weight loss is massive swapping to 160mm Pikes, if they’d existed at the time I’d have never had the Lyriks.

vinnyeh

Emperor’s new clothes I reckon. Fingers in ear.
    Just had my Lyriks serviced, see no point in switching, cost is too high.

Arguably Fox 34’s secondhand prices seem harder hit, though that’s for a different reason. Doubt that most of us can really tell though.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Lyriks have been around for a while now so I just think there’s a lot of folk upgrading now that Pike prices are fairly reasonable. I noticed a similar trend with 36’s when Fox 34’s first came out, as I was trying to sell a 36 Float and there seemed to be loads of them in the classifieds.

tomaso
    Free Member

I have Lyriks from Mr Ron Jackson of this parish. They were removed from his Pitch because he couldn’t get along with them and fitted them to my Pitch and I thought they were fab. Pondering a bewildering range of options for new bike, replace bike, upgrade bike, all of the above ahhhrghhh!

Nowt wrong with my 26 inch wheels and Lyrik forks its just, well just because there are other shiny things and I am a weak minded fool e.g. a YT Industries Wicked 650B.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve had Lyrik coils and airs and loved all of them. Good damping makes all the difference to them though. But the Pikes are very light, lighter than some 32mm forks like my Marz 44 RC3 To jobbies

kayak23

Sold my lyriks for pikes mainly for the weight saving on my mega. It was around 34lbs, and it’s now around 32.5lbs with carbon bars too..

jam-bo

35 mm fork with a fancy new damper versus the old 35mm fork that weights a load more.

Are pikes really that much lighter?

mmannerr

Avalanche cartridge on coil Lyrik should be as good as anything out there if weight is not a concern. Might makes sense or not, considering it is still £££.

twohats
    Free Member

Are pikes really that much lighter

Yes, I lost nearly half a kilo switching from coil U turn Lyriks to Pikes!

jam-bo

Coil pikes?

stevied
    Free Member

Just got a new set of Lyrik RC2 DH. Was weighing up pros and cons of both. Decided on the Lyriks as they have been around longer so have a proven record, are 20mm axle (15mm would have made my DH wheels redundant) and save a decent amount of weight/gained 10mm travel compared to my old Van 36’s.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

hmmm, wander how much weight I’d save going from 2010 coil totems to pikes?

Could be good value weigh saving

Northwind

jam bo – Member

Coil pikes?

There is no coil model of the new Pike.

jam-bo

Then its hardly a great comparison saying you saved loads of weight going from a coil fork to an air fork.

I saved a fair bit converting my uturn lyriks to solo air and it cost me about £40

twohats
    Free Member

Coil pikes?

Whatcha talkin bout Willis!?

robhughes
    Free Member

jam bo.And this worked for you.Thought that this was not possible as the inside if the stanchion won’t be air tight as it’s had a coil rattling around in it.??

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

How does the axle to crown length compare between pike and lyrik?

Also, does anyone know how the pike’s damping compares to the frankly excellent mission control DH that I’ve have on my lyrik RC2DH’s?

Ta

stevied
    Free Member

Lyrik @ 170mm is 555mm. The DH damper is head and shoulders above the Fit RC2 on my old Van 36’s

Northwind

jam bo – Member

Then its hardly a great comparison saying you saved loads of weight going from a coil fork to an air fork.

It is, if you’re getting comparable performance, which most accounts say you do (mine are still in the box). Coil isn’t a good thing in itself, it’s all about the results (having said that my air-sprung lyrik wasn’t far off the performance of the coil either, til it exploded while dealing with the dizzying stresses of sitting in the garage)

My hardtail has a set of Revelations in it. They weigh pretty much the same as a set of 160mm Pikes. That’s crazy talk. The weight difference from coil to air lyrik is much smaller than the difference from air lyrik to Pike.

tomaso
    Free Member

/\/\/\This/\/\/\

rob-jackson
    Free Member

As tomaso said – jettisoned my rc2dh lyriks for pikes and have never looked back – worlds apart!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Rob – is there much difference in axle to crown then? Pikes are looking tempting to replace Lyriks on my tracer but I want to keep my H/A as it is really ..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

5mm i think

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Has everyone dumped their Lyriks for Pikes’ is closed to new replies.