Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • has deezer changed its free service?
  • sadexpunk

our 99p offer ended for the subscription, oh well, we’ll see how we go with no downloads then and the odd advert.

however, whenever we want to play an album in ‘my music’, it says we can only play a ‘mix’ of it. search for an artist, pick an album and it says ‘heres a mix based on your search’.

is this new? can you not use it as before, play whatever you want but with the odd advert?

or am i missing something obvious?

Jamie
    Free Member

Not seeing that.

Search for artist, then select an album, and can play whatever track.

FWIW, you also get lower bitrate audio when on free. For that reason alone, I pay for the service rather than use free.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Always been like that – Spotify is the same.

seosamh77
    Free Member

couldn’t be dealing with adverts! sod that!

Jamie
    Free Member

I know Spotify free is like that, i.e only shuffle available, but Deezer allows you to pick tracks.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcFDo5ZBeU[/video]

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

couldn’t be dealing with adverts! sod that!

There are ways around it 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes. Paying for it.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yes. Paying for it.

Nope.

sadexpunk

Not seeing that.

Search for artist, then select an album, and can play whatever track.
    can you play a whole album all the way through with the songs in the right order?

im sure that before i took the subs offer and used the free service, i could play what i liked without it defaulting to ‘mixes’.

thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

can you play a whole album all the way through with the songs in the right order?

Yup.

Here’s the kicker….I have been testing via website and OSX app. The iOS app is exactly as you describe.

Can I ask why you don’t fancy paying for it? £10 a month is less than we used to pay for a CD. Not meaning that to be judgemental or anything, just wondering. As I know you use Deezer a lot with the BBC stuff, so seems a fair price to not even worry about the limitations of using free version.

sadexpunk

Can I ask why you don’t fancy paying for it? £10 a month is less than we used to pay for a CD. Not meaning that to be judgemental or anything, just wondering. As I know you use Deezer a lot with the BBC stuff, so seems a fair price to not even worry about the limitations of using free version.

no, tis a fair point mate 🙂
    i dont mind paying for it at all, have done previously and will do again, as you say its worth a tenner. i just sometimes try spotify and google play for a while, see how they compare, and hope in the meantime theyll send me a ‘please come back try us for 99p’ type offer.
    deezer always seems to work best with my chromebook and phone, plus as you say its linked to my bbc account, so i always seem to go back to it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried the Google Play trial, but just didn’t like it. Library is the same, but just didn’t like the app as much as Deezer.

….although I am currently using Spotify as it works with my head unit on the car.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘has deezer changed its free service?’ is closed to new replies.