Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Has Colin Jackson finally lost it?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Phil Jones- 2 weeks of stuffing a mike in someones face, grabbing them by the shoulder and asking “how does it feel?”. REALLY grated when he pretty much bullied the Jamaican relay team into interview when they had the decency to stop and recognise David Rudisha’a medal ceremony and anthem.

Yes, that was particularly annoying when he got them to talk over the Kenyan anthem.

Phil ‘scourge of the trackside’ Jones was a bit creepy for me. I kept expecting him to be caught subltly sniffing his fingers off-camera having massaged a particularly sweaty bicep or perhaps carefully swabbing the sweat and putting each one in a pre-labelled sample jar…………… worrying stuff!

Rockape63
    Free Member

CJ is trying to rival Garth Crooks in the bonkers stakes

God, what a pair they are….They should team up and take on the Krankies!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Still, I learnt something new from CJs indepth analysis of the track events.

I’d never realised that the 400m hurdles was a 400m running race with hurdles to jump over as well.

As someone said – I’ve learnt loads about the olympics now, can’t wait for next years.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I have to say that, on the whole, the Beeb did a pretty good job. Some of the commentary teams were really enjoyable as well as being knowledgeable such as Andy Jameson / Adrian Moorhouse for the swimming, Gary Herbert / Dan Topolski for the rowing, Brendan Foster / Steve Cram for the athletics and Leon Taylor / Bob Ballard in the diving. Although he may be a bit potty I have to say I do enjoy listening to Hugh Porter and overall I thought Chris Boardman was excellent throughout.
    The presentation teams were not always at the same level and I could easily tune out of some of those. Jake was usually good to watch although he can be a bit smug and Gabby Logan was good. I fully echo the comments on MJ though as he was (and has been for along time now) excellent. Ian Thorpe was also very good for his analysis and comments. Daly Thompson when he was in the studio (saw him a few times) was very good – not afraid to say what he thought and didn’t go all sycophantic or sugar coat what he was saying. And much respect to Steve Regrave – again, could give impartial comments and observations and not afraid to say where he thought a team hadn’t put in enough preparation. He did come across as the rowing squad’s Dad though which at times was quite touching. Overall, I thought they did a very good job and for us grown ups, we could also let slide the moments where things were not so good.
    Felt a bit sorry for Becks as he was trying to be genuine but you could see he had no vocabulary to be able to express what he felt and it all ended up being a bit of a cringefest. Helen Skelton was also a bit harsh on the ears so I could easily have done without that – but not to the point of slating her or the BBC over it.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Has Colin Jackson finally lost it?’ is closed to new replies.