Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • has chain reaction gone bad
  • theupsetter
    Free Member

Don’t pick up the phone
    Don’t reply to emails
    Pay extra for next day delivery – Don’t deliver on time

what happened….

noteeth
    Free Member

Snow?

theupsetter
    Free Member

in general i think their service has gone to pot

pantsonfire
    Free Member

They got big and the accountants have taken over

theupsetter
    Free Member

this time they posted the item one day late but still charged the next day delivery fee – rip off

sofatester
    Free Member

Vote with your feet instead of moaning about it people 🙂

theupsetter
    Free Member

bugger – anyone suggest an online site that hasn’t climbed up their own arse

theupsetter
    Free Member

it’s monday – need a good moan to kick off the week

uplink
    Free Member

Just email them & tell them you’re not happy & why

It’s unlikely that they’ll change anything on the strength of just you but if they get a lot of complaints they’ll probably look at it.

I don’t have a problem with them TBH

theupsetter
    Free Member

still not replying to my emails

Junkyard
    Free Member

I ordered last week and got next day despite the weather.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

rotten to the core and if that weren’t bad enough brant’s joined them! jeez

theupsetter
    Free Member

lucky bastard

nickc

Andy from CRC was on here a couple of weeks ago saying that they were snowed under (no pun intended) with work, they are recruiting apparently.

mavisto
    Free Member

Been quite impressed with J E James recently. Even their email system to tell you that an item is out of stock and that the order as been cancelled is pretty quick. At least you can then start looking somewhere else.

Also had good mail order response from All Terrain, although I don’t like the shop. Went in looking for some M15 Crank Bolts and was treated like an idiot by the teen behind the counter.

solamanda
    Free Member

I got sent some things incorrectly and slightly higher value than I ordered. No response from my email highlighting their mistake.

roper
    Free Member

Sweet Bejeebus if J E James is the best alternative I’d stick with CRC

Jamie
    Free Member

I have not used them that much this year as did my bike build last year, but for the few odds and sods i have ordered, chainstay protector etc, they have been fine. Not tried to contact them tho.

twohats
    Free Member

Can’t complain here.
    Stuff ordered Thursday night, arrived this morning, to Sweden!
    Plus, checked their shimano prices today and noticed that I’d saved myself £33 by ordering it last week and not this! i.e. XT chain and cass cost £60 last Thurs, as of today , £93!!!

theupsetter
    Free Member

just looked at the banner on top of my page – crc is now the biggest online bike store in the world? – i bet the sales team will be supported by an Indian tele sales team within 6months [**** bt all over again]

sturmey
    Free Member

Try lexs in south Yorks good prices and stuff is in stock.

sturmey
    Free Member
    bomberman
    Free Member

holy carp! i knew i should’ve bought the xt cassette when it was 39 quid as this week it is £62.99 !”!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

buy from your LBS instead

richcc
    Free Member

That link to Lexs is a good one. Pricing is pretty keen – cheers Sturmey

theupsetter
    Free Member

if only they sold a 4″ gravity dropper – I would

bland

COme to http://www.mtb-direct.co.uk, we will do or best to give you the best price going

By buying from CRC you are shooting yourself in the foot these days, its the whole Tesco thing.

They are a distributor (hotlines) retailler (CRC) manufacturer (Brand x, Nuke proof etc) so really own the market, give the other peopl eout there a shout!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Took them a week to sort my issues with a missing part for a new bike stand.

Emailed me 3 times though to keep me informed. I was pretty impressed with how they handled things actually.

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

Ordered something from them last Friday. Wasn’t expecting delivery anytime soon after reading some of the bashing on here. It came Saturday morning! – of course I wasn’t in and had to collect from Post Office myself on Monday.

Wiksey
    Free Member

MTB Direct do indeed kick bottom. I’ve ordered a few times from them now and really can’t fault the service – quick, cheap, good quality and you can get through to a real person on the phone who knows what they’re on about.
    Some other shops could learn a thing or two from them.

hora
    Free Member

When you receive next day service on the dot you tend to slacken your planning abilities and order later, expect CRC to be there in the nick of time as usual. Thats the problem with good service, it becomes expected. Routine. The best time a company can showcase itself is when you have a bad experience and the company ‘wows’ you with its swift response. The non-reply to emails is terrible though. I’ll always shop at CRC as its alot better than the others. Its consistent compared. However any company should reply to an email even a one-liner.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Surprised that no-one has mentioned Wiggle? Prices seem to be pretty competitive, delivery is always instant and their returns process seems to work very smoothly

hora
    Free Member

I could never use Wiggle. If it comes down to the basics, customer confidence with your card details. Sorry.

therealhoops
    Free Member

they’re just going through a rough patch, which reminds me…OY! CRC!! where’s my money ya basstids!?!?!?!

therealhoops
    Free Member

my money has just this second showed up so I’m retracting my previous comment

look at me I’m retracting so hard I’ve pulled something

Gary_M
    Free Member

As others have said if you don’t like their service then don’t shop there. It’s all too easy to just shop on wiggle and crc thinking you’re getting the best prices. But if you bother to look around there are plenty of cheaper option – recent experience using evans online and ukbikestore saved me around £80 on a rear mech and chainset. Service is also very good from both.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’ve never really had an issue with CRC and always spent my money with them. Quick to deliver, wide range of stock, reasonably cheap.

Unfortunately I placed an order with them on Mon 2nd and it has not arrived. I sent a couple of e-mails and tried ringing. Nothing. Without the part I am unable to ride. Disappointed. Just a quick reply to say sorry to hear, or order again, or we’ll send another, etc, etc. isn’t too much to ask.

What makes it worse is that I could have got my LBS to order and fit part within this timeframe with probably not much extra cost. Poo.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They are rubbish – I ordered some brake fluid on Sunday afternoon and it didn’t arrive till this morning 🙁 Only half the price asked for in the local shops too 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s all too easy to just shop on wiggle and crc thinking you’re getting the best prices

That’s a lesson in marketing. People don’t always shop for what’s cheapest, they sometimes do what’s easiest. So you need a good website with a lot of stuff all in one place..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://www.froogle.co.uk (www.google.co.uk/shopping)

then go for the cheepest form CRC or wiggle (or investigate the others if theyr still likely to be cheep after postage is added)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘has chain reaction gone bad’ is closed to new replies.