Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Has Blatter gone mad?
  • dannybgoode

Or is this all BS to distract from the fact he’s in this up to his neck?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27762435

totalshell

clever politician blaming the white supremacist press for bad mouthing the poor african asian middle eastern nations.. bound to whip up support.. who elected him anyway

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Corrupt as ****. Hopefully he’ll get found out and ousted the same was McQuid did. They can award the WC to a country with decent human rights, working conditions and summer temperatures where you can actually play football and have a beer while they’re at it.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Yeh like England!

😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

In a similar way to Bernie Ecclestone in his chosen field – much past his best in the public’s eyes. The sooner they both move on, the better for the sports.

tomhoward

Gone mad? He lost it 20 odd years ago. One of his ‘ideas’ for USA 94 was to have one penalty shoutout per half, to match all the high scoring native sports like the NBA or NFL. 🙄

As corrupt as they come, not just him but the whole outfit, hopefully this enquiry will show it.

But it won’t. Because someone will be paid off.

slackalice
    Free Member

Politician, law enforcer and media mouthpiece all rolled into one. 🙄

Guilty as charged.

kjcc25
    Free Member

It amazes me how he has lasted so long. He may be mad as a hatter but very clever with it.

Klunk
    Free Member

It amazes me how he has lasted so long.

as long as the money rolls in and oh boy it rolls.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It amazes me how he has lasted so long.

I suspect that those who could bring him down or remove him are as mired in his corruption as he, the risk to themselves and their own lifestyles/power would be too great. Money is power and the control of the money is absolute power.

hora
    Free Member

Re Racism etc in Football, isn’t he part of that?

Would love to see how this pans out….i.e. how they chose a country with hideous heat.

I’m guessing the games will be played in late evening there or very early am at the best time for global fans timezones.

MSP

I suspect that those who could bring him down or remove him are as mired in his corruption as he, the risk to themselves and their own lifestyles/power would be too great. Money is power and the control of the money is absolute power.

Actually I think the clever thing he has done is to largely ignore the traditional European powerbase, and play up to the African, Asian and American federations. They can out vote Europe, while largely avoiding the critical scrutiny that the European federations come under. His statement is a clear continuation of this tactic.

It is a shame as it also belittles the real things that need doing to tackle the still evident problems of racism that exist in the game.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m guessing the games will be played in late evening there or very early am at the best time for global fans timezones.

The bid had plans for artificial clouds and massive indoor, air-conditioned stadiums. Of course, that was all bollocks so they’re now wanting to move the WC to winter… right when all of the big European leagues are half way through a season and have games to play. Moving games to very early/late is the only sensible option but the whole process is so **** up, who knows what will happen.

binners

It amazes me how he has lasted so long. He may be mad as a hatter but very clever with it.

Indeed. He makes sure all palms are suitably greased, so everyones happy with the gravy train to keep rolling with him at the helm, as everyone who is in a position to possibly effect change is benefitting from the corruption (and so also complicit in it if its exposed).

The irony of FIFA suddenly thrusting the subject of racism to the front – a subject they’ve conspicuously failed to give a toss about in the past – just shows how their self-interest trumps everything.

Its about time someone did something properly, like a load of leading European FA’s getting together and telling FIFA they’re having nothing more to do with the whole corrupt charade any more. Thats the only way things will change

Leku
    Free Member

Blatter = Pat McQuaid = Bernie Ecclestone

brooess
    Free Member

This ^^^^

Interesting how so many long-standing corrupt/cheating setups/individuals have fallen in recent years… there’s something in the water which seems to be making it harder to get away with it… and people seem less willing to tolerate it any longer

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ballter “The Wedding Singer from VISP” isn’t mad, he knows exactly what he’s doing. His intended audience are receptive to the “racist Brits message”. The only football grouping opposing his re-election are UEFA.

edhornby

he’s not that clever, as others have said he greases palms safe in the knowledge that no-one has the cojones to boycott the world cup which is the only card UEFA have to play to get rid of him

although given that we aren’t going to win it, maybe we should pull out of the next one and present our equivalent of Brian Cookson to replace him

fuzzhead
    Free Member

no-one has the cojones to boycott the world cup

^^this. The WC is the (only) reason for FIFA’s prominence and Blatter’s job. If teams pull out then it’d put pressure on his job. But then I’m an idealist 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Has Blatter gone mad?

Of course he is mad (not stoopid though) but the people who keep this FIFA whatever shite around are very similar to Zombie Maggots (these are the stooppid ones).

Why not create alternate to FIFA?

Anyone to stop alternate ones?

🙄

hora
    Free Member

Great get out clause, ‘its racism’.

What planet are you on? The British papers are a bunch of pigs but one thing they are good at is sniffing out the good, the bad and the ugly of any colour or sex…

ChrisS
    Free Member
    mogrim

Interesting how so many long-standing corrupt/cheating setups/individuals have fallen in recent years… there’s something in the water which seems to be making it harder to get away with it… and people seem less willing to tolerate it any longer

There’s less money going around thanks to the global crisis, which means less money to share out / bribe with.

edhornby

the problem with an alternative to FIFA is that alternative would need a competition structure; multiple world cups??? – this approach hasn’t been good for boxing with all the champions with different belts, which incidentally makes football governance look good in comparison

edlong
    Free Member

He really doesn’t use the word “racist” in the same way as any other person I’ve heard of, does he?

Presenting evidence of massive corruption, orchestrated by someone with dark(ish) skin – that’s racism, that is.

Crowds chanting, threatening and throwing bananas at black football players? Oh no, that’s not racism, you’d be an idiot to reach tat conclusion…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Has Blatter gone mad?’ is closed to new replies.