Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Has anyones helment changed shape?
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Oooh-errrr,

OK, so Finbarr Saunders moments aside I've an old Giro helmet that used to fit me bonce like a glove. Now it's the wrong size – well, actually, more the wrong shape.

Either the helmet has become more round or my head has become more peanut shaped but there's a big gap along the side and it pinches front to rear so badly it gives me a headache after a few hours.

Oh, and btw, I'm off to buy a new one – just interested with any similar experiences…..

Dr R Swank

steve-g
    Free Member

Are you putting it on sideways by accident?

crispybacon
    Free Member

this thread is useless without pics…………… on seconds thoughts, maybe not 😕

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Fotopic banned me for such photos in the past…

Is the peak supposed to face forward? If so, then I probably do have it on the right way.

It is very odd as it did used to fit perfectly. I've not fallen off and squashed my helment or owt.

Perhaps my head has actually become misshapen…..

The worst bit is the front pads leave a dent in my head that last about two hours now after I've taken the damn thing off!

Dr R Swank

bigyinn
    Free Member

With your username i was expecting better things from this thread…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How old is your helmet ? Have you stored it somewhere where it has been exposed to long periods of sunlight ?

Eventually the polystyrene in the helmet will degrade, due to exposure to ultra-violet light. I guess as the polystyrene becomes soft and pliable, the helmet might lose it's shape and feel different 💡

DrRSwank
    Free Member

My helment is quite old now and probably has deformed somewhat over the years.

Clearly it's buggered.

So I have today brought a shiny new one that fits my head correctly all the way around (so re-inforcing the assumption it's the helment that's changed).

Dr R Swank

Irish_AL
    Free Member

I to have a giro about 6 months old perfect fit when bought, but now its to tight/small, either it has shrunk or my head has swollen 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Has anyones helment changed shape?’ is closed to new replies.