• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rio.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Has anyone used a repair kit for a heated rear windscreen?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Did it work?

Scuffed the rear window of The Mighty Vectra whilst taking the bike out and I’ve damaged about half a dozen of the heating element strips.

Meh.

boltonjon

Back in the good old days, you used to be able to buy a repair kit from Halfords.

It was a bit like a metallic Tipex

However, over the last 5 years, every time I’ve been to Halfords for something car related, some spotty YTS drongo kid has taken great pleasure in informing me in grunts and groans that “that particular part is no longer stocked”

Good luck!

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve used the Tipex type one that John just described and it worked well. Applying it is a sod and if you want to acheive a neat job get a cut down artist brush otherwise you just end up with ugly blobs of the stuff instead on neat thin lines.

Gold or silver leaf and clear varnish over the top acheive the same result

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

print and show he spotty plebe this (stock checker shows as available in all 3 stores closest to me)
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_203667_langId_-1_categoryId_255229

philconsequence
    Free Member

heated windows eh?

OH HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVE!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, have some in the shed which gets dug out about once a year when the feeble Mazdas ones start flaking off.
    Clean with IPA or Meths first and it lasts / works well.

Rio

neat thin lines

Use masking tape or Sellotape if you want these. IME it lasts until you next give the screen a good clean, then you’ll need to apply it again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone used a repair kit for a heated rear windscreen?’ is closed to new replies.