Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • has anyone tried the new vintage paradise (slash les paul type) guitar?
  • racefaceec90

i have asked this on musicradar forum,but thought that i’d ask here as well.i recently got the jan issue of guitarist magazine.it also had a gear leaflet.as i was looking through it,on page 15 i came across a picture/description of said guitar.i think it looks fantastic,especially as it is selling for £370.i was planning on saving towards a brian may (his own brand version)guitar that sells for around £525-30 ish.i was wondering if anyone has bought/played one?i am definitely going to try one out when i have saved up the money (will take until middle of may as unemployed at present).i think it will kick ass through a vox vt 20+ amp (that i am also going to buy eventually). http://www.jhs.co.uk/New%20Products/vintageparadise.html to see the guitar for yourself. 😀 p.s sorry for droning on,but i really like this guitar looks/spec.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Nice, very nice indeed in fact, but do we really need another Les Paul copy?

That said, if I was in the market for an electric guitar at the moment, that would probably be on my list if the neck suited me. Always wanted a Les Paul, but the necks are too fat for my stubby fingers. That and the price…

plumber
    Free Member

I’d have to agree, looks like yet another les paul to me……i have a real les paul but I think my Parker PM20 pro comes very close, is a bit different to look at, plays much better and doesn’t give me back ache also less than a quarter of the price too

I love chunky necks though 😀

CountZero

Just had a shufti at that PM20; oooooo, that’s nice!. Always had a hankering for a Fly, but a lack of both money and playing ability has meant I’ve never bothered. Les Pauls’ have never really attracted me, except for the double cutaway Junior, but I’d make an exception for the Parker. Sweet.

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

Vintage guitars are ace, for session work I’ve got an SG and a Les Paul copy of theirs and for the money they are terrific value for money. At least as good if not better than Epis. Forget the Brian May, it’s pretty poor for the money.

The Vintage /jhs guitars are really good solid working guitars for the money, nice decent electrics instead of the cheap crap pots and wiring you usually get in Yamahas ec.

_tom_
    Free Member

As above, Vintage guitars are awesome for the money. Only thing I have to change in most guitars is the pickups but I’ve been spoiled by my lovely handwound BKPs 😛

chipps

I’ve got a Vintage Lemon Drop with a bit of ‘extra relic’ treatment that I’ve been meaning to ebay for a while. Great guitar, but the neck’s too skinny for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘has anyone tried the new vintage paradise (slash les paul type) guitar?’ is closed to new replies.