Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Has anyone test ridden or got a merida one forty 5 B "- 4c" ?
  • xterramac
    Free Member

It got great review for the price, fits my budget with room for a dropper and a couple of other upgrades……. (http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/review-merida-one-forty-5-b-14-48206/ ) but wondered if anyone had a real life, what’s it like to live with in all conditions, local rides as well as trail centres point of view. cheers mac

gaz552
    Free Member

I guess no one has one. It really does seem to be a good value entry level full suspension bike with a sorted geometry.
    Tyre clearance does seem very limited in the back though.

Norco Fluid 7.2 is at a similar price point but the merida has it beaten on suspension travel and geometry.

olly2097
    Free Member

I’ve got the 1b version.

Its awesome. Best bike I’ve ridden.

I imagine the 5b is also great. If you can stretch to a 1b spec then go for it.

Merida needs more uk presence.

olly2097
    Free Member

I’ve got nice big Hans dampfs on mine. Done 60 odd miles of trails on it and had no tyre clearance issues.

gaz552
    Free Member

olly2097 – Member
    I’ve got the 1b version.
    Its awesome. Best bike I’ve ridden.
    I imagine the 5b is also great. If you can stretch to a 1b spec then go for it.
    Merida needs more uk presence.

They also have a couple of intetesting longer travel models as well, though they are around the £3K Mark and there’s lots of good options around that price, Orbea Rallon, Norco Sight Carbon, YT Capra etc.

olly2097 – Member
    I’ve got nice big Hans dampfs on mine. Done 60 odd miles of trails on it and had no tyre clearance issues

Is it as tight as it looks in the pics?

olly2097
    Free Member

It is tight yes but no more tight than my old ’06 specialized enduro at its closest.

The potential problem is the x brace remains close throughout its length. Though having ridden through mud, scree, twigs etc I haven’t encountered any probs.

I managed to get the £3000 1b for £2650 from my nice local dealer.

gaz552
    Free Member

olly2097 – Member

It is tight yes but no more tight than my old ’06 specialized enduro at its closest.

The potential problem is the x brace remains close throughout its length. Though having ridden through mud, scree, twigs etc I haven’t encountered any probs.

I managed to get the £3000 1b for £2650 from my nice local dealer.

That’s a pretty nice discount. Was that a small local dealer or one of the chain stores?

olly2097
    Free Member

Small dealer. I’d ordered a canyon and went in to buy an inner tube. Ended up bartering and got all that money off. Winner.

Cancelled the canyon.

xterramac
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks guys. I knew someone somewhere would have bought one. Id like to get the 1b as the xt, wheels, fox, dropper have got to be worth the price, but like they say, “I ain’t got the green too make the seen” cheers macs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone test ridden or got a merida one forty 5 B "- 4c" ?’ is closed to new replies.