Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone sourced a bike from a "mainstream" manufacturer that isn't sold in UK
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Specifically, Giant sell the latest versions of the alu TCR SLR and alu Propel but not in this country. Is it possible to get hold of them in the UK?

Or has anyone bought a model from abroad (any manufacturer) that isn’t sold in the UK and had it imported?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No chance through UK importer.

Don’t see why you can’t buy from a shop in another country

andy4d

No help, but in response to cynic-al, I live in Ireland and the likes of bike discount.de will not sell cube bikes to me, so some manufacturers must have certain import rules.

Tracey

We once bought a Specialized Hotrock FSR from France before they started importing to the UK. Had to order it through a French store and the pick it up from them. Just fitted it in with a long weekend away

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments, good thought on buying one on holiday, whilst we’re still in the EU….

allyharp

Yes – I bought a 2014 Salsa Horsethief from Hibike in Germany as the UK distributor only brought them in as frame only. Was all quite smooth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone sourced a bike from a "mainstream" manufacturer that isn't sold in UK’ is closed to new replies.