• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Has anyone sold their bushes (garden)
  • Skyliner
    Free Member

When we moved into our house about 14 years ago the back lawn was just turf. Our garden now has about eight 6ft tall very healthy and well established bushes of all varieties. We want to have a re-landscape so these need to go. Question is they seem such a shame to tip them and new young plants are expensive, so are they worth anything? Knowing nothing about gardening apart from where to sit on it with a beer after cutting the grass, would people buy them? To be honest they could have them for free if they dig them out. What do you think guys?

bearnecessities

I would have thought so; I’m going to need some bushage soon, but it’s all right place, right time I’d guess.

Random advert on ebay?

When I was a nipper, I remember someone coming to excavate and drive off with a Pampas Grass that my parents no longer wanted – they even gave me some sweets. Result.

JoeG
    Free Member

Digging them up is a lot of work, and you may cut enough roots to kill the plant. Shrubs from a nursery are grown in pots or burlap to keep the roots contained and make them easy to transplant.

IMO, someone would only bother to transplant something the size of your shrubs in an unusual circumstance. For instance, replacing one or two dead shrubs in a row of uniform size.

You have nothing to lose by posting an ad on Craigslist or similar, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone sold their bushes (garden)’ is closed to new replies.