Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Has anyone seen this / taken advantage / been taken advantage of?
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

Cycle kit through sports direct.

I need some new summer shoes…..

I can’t decide if these are a steal or a fail.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/cycling/cycling-clothing

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got some muddy fox bib shorts and they are crap – seams split quickly and decals (which were horrible to start with) pulled off quickly. Wouldn’t be going cheap again IMHO 🙂

They seem to have a permanent sale ! Just cheap stuff in the first place IMHO!

neninja
    Free Member

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-mbs100-snr10-144011

These look like Mike Ashley and Co have simply sent a pair of Specialized BG shoes to China and asked them to copy them.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Hmmmm….

I haven’t got time at the moment to do a proper search for cheap shoes, I saw these in my local shop and it got me wondering….

I had some endura bib shorts, lasted one ride before the seems started unraveling themselves…

Would it bother me so much if I am only paying 25 quid in the first place, plus would the shoes actually fall apart!?

Sundayjumper

My neighbour bought his son a Dunlop full-suspension mountain bike from them last Christmas. It was utter crap, even at the supposedly discounted price.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

think i’ll “invest” in a pair of Muddyfox MBS100 Snr10. i’ll report back in due course

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a karimmoor cycling gillet and waterproof from there. Do what they say on the tin, i.e. its not as nice as my £80 RF waterproof, but it does pack down to almost nothing.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I bought a pair of the MFX MTB SPD (yay acronyms!) shoes. They are cheap and plastic in feel, and pretty much exactly what you expect from a pair of £30 shoes. I just wanted to see how I got on with SPDs so they were fine, but how long they last, I don’t know.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

“My neighbour bought his son a Dunlop full-suspension mountain bike from them last Christmas. It was utter crap, even at the supposedly discounted price.”

Hard to believe given Dunlop’s long-standing reputation for bicycle manufacture???????????????

Junkyard
    Free Member

not as cheap as aldi or on one sales

d45yth
    Free Member

If you’re after some cheap shoes, try the DHB one’s from wiggle. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a code or voucher for another fiver off too. 🙂

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Prices don’t look too good for the chance you will take on quality. Some of their normal gear in the sales section is great though. The boxes of 3 pairs of kangol socks for £3 are absolutely brilliant. (thanks Mum!) although i made the mistake of telling my mum and I’m now guaranteed a set every birthday and Christmas! I’ve also used the umbro undershorts (for under my baggies) and for £7 they last for ever.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I buy from them, they’re prices are good. I usually only buy familiar stuff though, running shoes and name brand gear etc… Adidias or Nike for example. I am on my 3rd pair of Karrimor “walking” shoes which I wear for biking. I like them, they’re tough and cheap enough to not bother about getting them a bit muddy or damaged. 😀
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-trail-2-walking-shoes-mens-186079
    Anyway, my point is, at that price be willing to take a chance. 😉

jambon
    Free Member

Decathlon?

Yeah, not trendy, but you can try them on to see if they fit and their range goes from silly cheap to relatively posh.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone seen this / taken advantage / been taken advantage of?’ is closed to new replies.