Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Has anyone seen the labour party?
  • binners

Just wondering, like? It seems they’ve completely ceased to exist. Which initially sounds quite worrying, but actually probably won’t make the slightest bit of difference

Have their been any sightings? John Prescott shouting at cars on Fulham high street? Ed balls in Waterstones buying an Idiots guide to Economics?

Anyone….?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well where did we have them last?

camo16
    Free Member

Rumour is Ed Milliband said ‘let me be absolutely clear about this’ so many times he actually became transparent.

binners

I think I saw them in Greggs buying some pasties. Wouldn’t swear to it though. It was a while back

willard

I met Ed Milliban in the Bastion1 DFAC when he was over there in May. He’s a lot shorter in real life than he looks on telly.

wrecker
    Free Member

On the naughty step because they’ve ****** things up so badly.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think I saw them in Greggs buying some pasties

That was actually so embarrassing its possible they crawled into their own shoes and haven’t come out yet…

loum
    Free Member

I don’t think they exist anymore.
    Didn’t Blair privatise it in ’95?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Camo16 😆

You should send that into Gideon’s speech writers!

mt
    Free Member

The Ed’s are away argueing about who should be sacked from their respective positions. If they are not careful Blair will be back.

Stoner
    Free Member

Arent they all stacking shelves in Tesco to earn a little cash?

The Labour Party stands on the verge of bankruptcy. We are more than £20m in debt, facing a long-term decline in membership and a crisis in funding.

We are only kept alive by the Herculean work of party staff and volunteers, trade union contributions, high-value donations and the goodwill of the Co-op bank.
    John Prescott

kimbers

They are wisely keeping their heads down

Osbornes economic recovery is a disaster, even cleggys poking his head up to slap his tax break down

The G4S olympic contract was a stinker, the olympics opening ceremony ended up celebrating the NHS as its sold off
    Just like the school playing fields…..
    Atos are sponsoring the paralympics just as the government pays them millions to harass the disabled

Gove managed to completely cock up thousands of kids GCSE marks, and then lied through his bum/face about it

The rail franchise thingy has led to Branson throwing his toys out the pram and it looks like 1st may have under bid anyway
    HS2 is a massively expensive vote killer all for 20 minutes off a trip to brum

Tim Yeo is calling cameron a mouse, heathrow is a joke, Borris wants to build a floating island in the thames (as well as Camerons job)

Daves bff Brookes is going to be sent daaan, lol!

Mensch has run away, Dorries hates her more than she hates posh boys

One can only imagine what facet of the omnishambles will reveal itself before parliament returns

oh and this is starting soon…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtJVXcuHssI[/video]

Ed and Ed are generally quite unlikeable, especially when smugly pointing out the coalitions failings
    The best thing they can do is let the torries bitchslap each other to death even sooner than they did last time they were in power .

BillMC

Yep.

binners

Beautifully put kimbers!

Really looking forward to the new series of the Thick of It. Did you read this t’other day in the Guardian:

The Thick of It: the agony of tight spaces

by Ian Martin, one of the writers

IHN

Excellent, more The Thick Of It 🙂

Just watched the first, second and third series back to back, utterly brilliant.

That’s quite a short trailer, I assume that’s the only 30 seconds in the series that swear-free 🙂

kimbers

i miss Jamie, the Motherwell terrier

Northwind

It’s just taking things to their logical conclusion… Cameron demonstrated very nicely that the best way to be popular in opposition is to avoid screwing up while the part in power screws up, and that the easiest way to avoid screwing up is to say and do nothing of any importance. Which is only 1 step away from just ceasing to exist entirely.

binners

An Excuse from some gratutious Tuckerism. Most definitely NSFW!! 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXmcGdGe6ak[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAyazqtQj8[/video]

BillMC

Cameron exposed

IHN

The best Tucker scene is when he gets sacked. The raw anger almost explodes out of the tellybox, awesome piece of acting.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The Labour Party hasn’t existed since 1983.

On a related point I emailed them via their website link three weeks ago asking what their policy was on the reintroduction of ID cards were they to regain power. As yet I’ve had no reply.

mt
    Free Member

Head down mouth shut and straight back into office. The Tories will not be back in for another two terms. Could just about put up with this as long as ED Balls is not involved, it’s unfortunate that I will have suffer then.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A lot can change in two years. There is still the Miliband factor that labour have to overcome.

binners

There’s your mistake Cressers. Expecting policies.

I fear this lot, as Northwind suggested, are trying the same trick as Cameron. So by the time you go into an election, don’t under any circumstances have anything as defined as a ‘policy’ on anything. You may be held accountable for that.

Instead, just make some vaguely positive noises about stuff people like – The NHS, the BBC, killing immigrants, Boo to Europe etc – and have your team arrange some nice flattering photo ops – kissing babies, looking concerned, talking to an old codger on a hospital ward, on holiday in somewhere in England you’d never normally contemplate as its not Tuscany, talking to some black yoots about their concerns in some inner city shithole – that type of thing.

However – someone might want to point out to the utterly clueless Millibean that this didn’t actually deliver Dave the majority he so arrogantly assumed to be his birthright.

julianwilson
    Free Member

BillMc, that link is genius! 😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I know exactly what ‘Labour’ are and what to epect from them. It was just an attempt to try to out them early…

uwe-r
    Free Member

What would you expect – it is the end of summer in the middle of a political cycle.

Labour party strategy at the moment would be keep head down and wait for the inevitable tory / lib dem explosion. Conference season coming is a big challenge for the coalition (how to keep the nutters and core support happy whilst accepting the limitations of a coalition). Labour just need to be ready when the time comes – which they wont be.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone seen the labour party?’ is closed to new replies.