Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Has anyone rebuilt a mavic factory wheel?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

Right i've got a set of mavic crossrides & after several years of hard use the back wheel has finally succumbed to extreme wobblyness. I've retrued it a few times to make it ridable but i reckon the rim is now pretty much on its way out. On the other hand the hub is still nigh on perfect. So i was thinking about seeing if i could get a replacement hub & new non bladed straight head spokes to rebuild.

Basically i was just wondering if anyone has done this/is it possible to get a new 24 hole rim/right length straight head spokes/rebuild it manually with enough tension cause they're only 24 spoke?

trail_rat
    Free Member

good luck with that

ive done ksyrium SL wheels before – got the last rim from mavic uk – was 90 quid ! needed some new spokes at 6 quid each

personally id take it to the bike shop , get it trued propper and ride it to the death , spend the cost of a new rim and rebuild on something used off the classifieds with a hope hub 😀

EccentricEllis

Seconded. Don't even try. It'll be a mission.
    An expensive mission

diggler
    Free Member

i did it with a set of crossmax. really easy to strip and rebuild but cost me a fortune for the spokes.

It was worth it though, kept the wheel running good for years… well until the bike was stolen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone rebuilt a mavic factory wheel?’ is closed to new replies.