Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone made a Cannondale f29 singlespeed ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Wondering if it’s an easy thing to do, all the drive parts require changing, so wondered if it’s a feasible option for the autumn winter setup. ?

Thanks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Either put a tensioner on it (would be my prefered option), or a wheels mfg EBB if its PF30.

Rear wheel will need an SS spacer kit, just about anywhere sells them, but get a wide sprocket from On One or Surly as they don’t eat the freehub splines.

Gearing 32:18 works well on a 29er in most places, but it’s usually best to go low and work on spinning, rather than high (which will very quickly tire you out).

Andy-R

BB tensioner, like the Blackspire Stinger, would be my choice if I had to have one.

teamslug
    Free Member

I have done exactly that. Gusset 16 tooth cog and spacers and a gusset chain tensioner and a 32 narrow wide. Works great with the lefty with thumb shifter lock out for the standing up climbs. I think it weighs in under well under 20lb. Got some strava pb’s on some climbs near me cos you can’t sit up on them. I recommend it!!!.

slightreturn
    Free Member

I have a black spire stinger from a previous build. So just need the chainring and SS spacer kit then ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, and a chain (SS chains dont twist like geared ones so wont come off). Geared chains wont fit on wide sprockets.

Id rather use a rear mech style tensioner, a stinger would be harder to get the tension just right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone made a Cannondale f29 singlespeed ?’ is closed to new replies.