Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Has anyone knackered their Gravity Dropper?
  • rnewell1973
    Free Member

I heard there were a bit temperamental as well as i900. My i900 is going back for 2nd warranty job in 9 months. Any one heard or tried The soon to be launched Blacx Jewell?

Ooh decisions decisions.

Filthy
    Free Member

Yes pulled the knob off mine, although I managed to cable tie it back on and finish the ride round Glentress black… I love cable ties me!

Got a Rase 9" Black Mamba now and thats much more effective at getting the seat out of the way.

thwang-01
    Free Member

yep i knackered my gravy maker need to get one tomorrow so i can make the sunday roast

Ambrose

I almost did a little wee when a mate tried to fix his very tempremental gravity dropper. He carefully unscrewed the base of the seatpost and was somewhat startled when a ferking great spring flew accross the carpark, narrowly missing another friend. My how they laughed -or not! Meanwhile, I had a massive giggle fit.

el_boufador

nope – mines been faultless for a year. Just needs a bit of a light greasing now and again.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper. Bit of a clean and grease once a year. Dead simple to do, and dead simple design.

Only had to replace springs in the slider after about 3 years.

markgraylish
    Free Member

I broke the bar mount but that was due to a crash rather than any design fault. 😳

Northwind

It depends what you're talking about. When people said the i900 was temperamental, they meant "Might completely stop working without warning halfway round a big ride" or "Might score its post within 2 rides" or similiar. When people say the GD is temperamental they mean "Just occasionally it gets a wee bit sticky and needs a dod of grease but nothing to worry about"

I did break one of the seatclamp bolts on mine. I like the GD a lot but I reckon M5 is too small really for this job. But other than that mine has been faultless.

dreednya

The only problem I have had with mine is that the front plate of the post where the cable enters kept coming off. Was sent off twice and re-glued and is now sporting two zip-ties for the past 6 months and no further problems. I think my problem was that the angle the cable came in was putting too much pressure on the front plate and eventually popped it off.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I thought mine was knackered, I even posted on here for advice about a creak that wouldn't go away. It turned out to be a tiny bit of grit between seat post and frame. Dunce's cap for me, eight months and no actual problems.

druidh
    Free Member

3 years of use and mine broke. My seatclamp was not tight enough, the post slipped down and then the release mechanism was taking my weight. That sheared off and now needs to be stuck on again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone knackered their Gravity Dropper?’ is closed to new replies.