Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Has anyone kitted their bike out with Yumeya?
  • deadlyhifi
    Free Member

Yumeya on CRC

…it looks nice, but damn, that will bring the cost of your bike up somewhat, what?

clubber
    Free Member

HOW MUCH! 😉

I like the cable barrel adjusters though 🙂

peteimpreza

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! 😀

poppa
    Free Member

No, but I pissed myself laughing looking at the website: http://www.shimano-yumeya.com/

Bizarre way to sell bike bits.

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

it will turn you into some kind of ninja samuri bicycle warrior. Although you’ll need some bicycle clips with those pants.

neil853
    Free Member

i love some of that stuff so much! thing is my girlfriend would have a case to go mental with that sort of stuff. £200 or so for the stuff i’d like and its completely pointless ha ha

finbar
    Free Member

I love it too, though i would never buy it. It is quintessentially Japanese.

poppa
    Free Member

I would like to deck my bike out with that stuff, if only because I think it would be mildly amusing given how rubbish my skills are.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im sorry, but the prices are clazy!

Some nice bits on there though

devs
    Free Member

If anyone I knew bought any of that I would punch them. Ridiculous.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Stunning website though.

MrAgreeable

Fifty quid for a disc hose, blimey. And they’ve picked the ideal time to launch it haven’t they? 🙄

MrNutt
    Free Member

you mean you guys DON’T run Yumeya?!? WTF I’m disappointed!

MrAgreeable

Hang on, I just realised that it’s white (the hot new colour for ’09 apparently), and will increase my rigidity by 39%. I’ll take two please!

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m going to get the shifter bracket, as i bent mine when i crashed and replacing the shifter bracket is cheaper then getting a new shifter

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m going to get the shifter bracket, as i bent mine when i crashed and replacing the shifter bracket is cheaper then getting a new shifter

Or you could just bend it back again.
    Just a thought…..

Mister-P
    Free Member

“devs – Member
    If anyone I knew bought any of that I would punch them. Ridiculous.”

Jealousy is such a cruel mistress.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Does it improve the way your bike operates?

Well?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Comedy stuff. I was looking at the yumeya site the other week. I just don’t get it. You pay ludi prices for some vile coloured stuff that *may not* work as well as the stuff you’ve already got. And FFS who wants white jockey wheels.

iPed
    Free Member

RudeBoy – its called the placebo effect – if you have spent £100’s ‘upgrading’, then of course it will make you faster

for me stealthy black bling is the future!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ok, so you could save some weight, over ‘standard’ XTR bits. How much? And how much would the entire Yumea set cost?

In the ‘real’ world (seeing as bods are winning World Championships and stuff on ‘standard’ bits), how much of a performance advantage would it actually give you?

If I won the lottery (ittud be a miracle as I don’t play it), I would buy it all, though, as I’m sure it would REALLY annoy the STW massive.

‘Oh look, RudeBoy’s got XTR Yumea. And he’s already a ****. That surely makes him even more of a ****. If that were even possible’.

No, I’d actually probbly quite enjoy that….

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This sort of stuff always appears just before a big recession

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wow, I calculate a 75g weight saving overall. And with a preeminent gold and silver style. I sold.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I tried, i snapped it :oops:, i might spray it black just to regain the saved weight, i suddenly dont want to be better then the guys i ride with

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Coffeeking; what’s the combined cost?

iPed
    Free Member

I can’t believe its taken this long before anyone has said it so I will… You would be better off having a good dump before a ride… If only I was paid £10 / gram everytime I went to the reading room

richc
    Free Member

I guess its aimed at pro racers where 75g could mean the difference between 1st and 2nd iPed that and racer accountants.

uplink
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks it looks like cheap 1980s ‘Essex’ bathroom fittings?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I guess its aimed at pro racers where 75g could mean the difference between 1st and 2nd

Would it bollocks. Just say the rider and bike weighed 75kg all together. Then 75g is 0.1% of that total weight. So,, you’d need, what, 0.1% more energy to compensate? Crude maths I know, but you get the point.

0.1% might make a tiny difference in F1, but it won’t mean squat in an XC race.

Even if it’s just the bike, then it’s still probbly less than 1% of the total bike weight.

Anyone sussed out the cost of the complete kit yet?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s not aimed at anyone interested primarily in saving weight. You could save far more by fitting a KMC chain, Alligator I-link cables, KCNC jockey wheels and alu bolts, and it’s cost 1/10 of Yumeya!

It’s a very Japanese thing, the ownership is the whole point, hence the incredibly ostentatious gold finish everywhere. I think it’s vile. The gear cables are the only bit which tempt me, and at £45 for 2m they’re having a giraffe!

timwillows
    Free Member

Look like Shimano’s standard price list for later this year 🙁

zaskar
    Free Member

I just want my xtr to look good and work brilliant.

If I had spare money I might buy the Ti bolts but the chavs have ruined it for us with that image.

Maybe if they did a whole white and gold set up instead of the caps and bolts.

Multi coloured xtr like in red or blue!

bomberman
    Free Member

If I won the lottery (ittud be a miracle as I don’t play it), I would buy it all

i wouldn’t. it’s chav-city: gold = tacky.

<goes away to be sick>

flamejob
    Free Member

I’m going to buy it all, paint it black and put SRAM 5 stickers on it…

… just a thought 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

But even the ti bolts are a total rip off, you could get normal ti bolts for a few quid! And they wouldn’t be a tacky gold colour.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone kitted their bike out with Yumeya?’ is closed to new replies.