Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Has anyone had dealings with member luke webber
  • pondy
    Free Member

Above member is selling an item I want but he requires payment via bank transfer, as I am a cautious person I would rather not send money to someone who is a stranger to me, don’t want to turn down item as been looking for a while for it, has anyone brought from or vouch for this member to put my mind as ease

Thanks
    Sam

toys192
    Free Member

Ask him to send you the item, then you’ll pay. Its the moral/trust equivalent.

somafunk

I used to know a Luke Webber who was an MTB photographer then he was employed by British Cycling i think?, Dunno if it’s him though? – link?

njee20
    Free Member

Soma funk +1.

Broadly what part of the country is he…? I’ll vouch for him if it’s the one I know! Mail in profile if you prefer.

somafunk

Yeah i’d vouch for him as well ^, decent bloke – raced a few Mountain Mayhems with him in the 7stanes team back in 97/98 , i think he’s Milton Keynes way?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Bank transfer no different to Paypal Gift which gets used a lot on here.

I tend to look at someones history and, if its good, would take a flyer up to £100.

EG Someone with 40 pages of forum and classified activity with loads of sales and no negative feedback is worth the risk in my opinion.

Over that and I like to meet to buy or just don’t bother.

njee20
    Free Member

**looks at forum history**

He is the one I know. Works in the trade. Good bloke.

crazy-legs

Yeah, I’ll vouch for him as well, used to work with him, ridden a few events with him too.

pondy
    Free Member

Somafunk, yes this is he same person.

I would prefer PayPal solely due to protection ( I don’t use gift) but yes loads of history on here. Money is over £100 though

We live a fair way apart, I was near Milton Keynes today but unfortunately it was not possible to meet due to time restrictions

Thanks

somafunk

i wouldn’t worry about “protection” 😉 , he’s very honest and trustworthy and i imagine he’s built on his reputation over the years as a decent sports/cycle photographer and fast rider for hire/test bikes

taxi25
    Free Member

Luke Webber sounds like a good one, but my maximum for non paypal payments is £50. If I was selling stuff I’d definitely have a paypal account.
    Totally understand the op’s caution.

jamj1974

Totally understand the cautious approach OP!

boblo
    Free Member

toys192 – Member
    Ask him to send you the item, then you’ll pay. Its the moral/trust equivalent.

Boblo likes and endorses this post.

(ooo it’s weird being a narcissist and referring to yersen in the turd poyson)….

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ve bought a frame off someone on here for a very large amount of money – he sent me an invoice and I paid it by bank transfer

If you’re particularly cautious then ask him for an invoice first – then if it does go wrong then you can claim through courts

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wot, no Bawdy brawl ? Nil Pitchforks ? Sans outage with groatage?

This place, going darn t’is 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone had dealings with member luke webber’ is closed to new replies.